Save the EARTH

Play nice and have fun...
E7

Re: Save the EARTH

Postby E7 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 pm

Roundabout $3.60....gasoline is generally HIGH in this area.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:58 pm

E7 wrote:Roundabout $3.60....gasoline is generally HIGH in this area.

I'll be driving through this weekend, but I generally fill the tank in MD just before crossing the state line, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I'll be driving through this weekend, but I generally fill the tank in MD just before crossing the state line, :wink: :wink:

Definitely a wise move. Lots of tax on that PA juice.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:32 pm

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

About 30 cents / gallon difference on average is what I've found.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

That's why the state has such delightful roads! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:31 am

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:

Always been true that you could tell where the state line was just by the shift in road qualities......except for those Shuster projects where there are 4 lane roads in the middle of nowhere.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:46 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Always been true that you could tell where the state line was just by the shift in road qualities......except for those Shuster projects where there are 4 lane roads in the middle of nowhere.

Ah yes, the Bud Shuster Byway. :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:49 am

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Always been true that you could tell where the state line was just by the shift in road qualities......except for those Shuster projects where there are 4 lane roads in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah, you're driving along in the middle of nowhere in PA on a smaller 2 lane road and then all of a sudden - 4 lanes with a median - and then a few miles later back to the 2 lane road.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:11 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Always been true that you could tell where the state line was just by the shift in road qualities......except for those Shuster projects where there are 4 lane roads in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah, you're driving along in the middle of nowhere in PA on a smaller 2 lane road and then all of a sudden - 4 lanes with a median - and then a few miles later back to the 2 lane road.

It's almost surreal! :mrgreen:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:38 am

Globe bounces back to nearly 2019 carbon pollution levels
https://www.ky3.com/2021/11/04/globe-bo ... on-levels/

By Associated Press
Published: Nov. 3, 2021 at 8:42 PM UTC|Updated: 11 hours ago

GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) — The dramatic drop in carbon dioxide emissions from the pandemic lockdown has pretty much disappeared in a puff of coal-fired smoke, much of it from China, a new scientific study found.

A group of scientists who track heat-trapping gases that cause climate change said the first nine months of this year put emissions a tad under 2019 levels. They estimate that in 2021 the world will have spewed 36.4 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide, compared to 36.7 billion metric tons two years ago.

At the height of the pandemic last year, emissions were down to 34.8 billion metric tons, so this year’s jump is 4.9%, according to updated calculations by Global Carbon Project.

While most countries went back to pre-pandemic trends, China’s pollution increase was mostly responsible for worldwide figures bouncing back to 2019 levels rather then dropping significantly below them, said study co-author Corinne LeQuere, a climate scientist at the University of East Anglia in the United Kingdom.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:27 am

HONDO74 wrote:coal-fired smoke, much of it from China, a new scientific study found.

No need for a scientific study as it's pretty well established that China is aggressively building coal fired power plants.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:18 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:coal-fired smoke, much of it from China, a new scientific study found.

No need for a scientific study as it's pretty well established that China is aggressively building coal fired power plants.

Easy solution. Stop exporting coal to china
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:49 am

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Easy solution. Stop exporting coal to china

That will be a small drop - coal is available from many places in the world. But, I happen to agree with you nonetheless. Keeping and propping up our coal industry really impedes our own moving away from it.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:57 pm

https://chinapower.csis.org/energy-footprint/

China fulfills its demand for coal by purchasing it from regional neighbors. In 2019, about 96.3 percent of China’s coal imports came from Australia (77 million metric tons), Indonesia (47.8 million metric tons), Mongolia (36.1 million tons), and Russia (29.2 million metric tons). Prior to 2017, North Korea was China’s fourth largest coal supplier, ahead of Indonesia and Mongolia. Due to the implementation of UN sanctions on North Korea, China has suspended all coal imports from the regime. As a result, China has shifted to rely more on Russia and Mongolia to fulfill its coal needs.

Neither China or Russia is at the CHOP26 circle jerk in Glasgow Scotland

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:02 pm

HONDO74 wrote:China fulfills its demand for coal by purchasing it from regional neighbors. In 2019, about 96.3 percent of China’s coal imports came from Australia (77 million metric tons), Indonesia (47.8 million metric tons), Mongolia (36.1 million tons), and Russia (29.2 million metric tons). Prior to 2017, North Korea was China’s fourth largest coal supplier, ahead of Indonesia and Mongolia. Due to the implementation of UN sanctions on North Korea, China has suspended all coal imports from the regime. As a result, China has shifted to rely more on Russia and Mongolia to fulfill its coal needs.

As I stated, the US export amount is not a big component

Neither China or Russia is at the CHOP26 circle jerk in Glasgow Scotland

Colorful, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”