Save the EARTH

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Save the EARTH

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Maybe I should have titled this "The battle for the Planet of the APES" Since scientist say we evolved from APES, maybe the same ones who plagued us with PLASTIC. :wink: :mrgreen:

We need to save the earth from plastic. :mrgreen:

I would imagine most everyone has seen reports about cities and even some countries banning single use plastic bags. The other day Seattle banned plastic straws and plastic knives, forks and spoons. easy to fix. Paper bags or reusable bags and paper straws.

But the big one is plastic bottles. What do you guys think. ??

Interesting article from the BBC.
How much would it cost to switch to plastic alternatives? Richard Gray crunches the numbers.
http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/201807 ... -packaging

rex desilets

Re: Save the EARTH

Postby rex desilets » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Ban plastic bottles? To the barricades, especially the virtue-signallers.
Of course, a little more disposition to neatness, et al, would go a long way to alleviating this here problem.
Nah-not this generation. :roll:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Roy

Postby Roy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 pm

How about if they charged you a deposit on plastic bottles? You return them, get your deposit back, and nothing goes in the ocean.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Our community recycles plastic , glass, and metal containers, as well as paper, such as newspapers and magazines and the endless advertising catalogues that arrive via the USMail, by having residents put such refuse to the curb for pick-up twice a month. There is revenue gained for the tax base by all of that being recycled. I really do not mind separating it all from the normal garbage picks-ups, which occur 2xs per week.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:44 pm

We grew up with glass and those mostly had deposits. We can go back to that - why not?

If people want to do away with plastic, fine. Suck it up and use glass, and either charge a deposit or collect the glass for recycling - we already do the latter.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Roy wrote:How about if they charged you a deposit on plastic bottles? You return them, get your deposit back, and nothing goes in the ocean.

I noticed, today, when entering the Tops supermarket in Cortland, NY, that folks were returning such containers to a dedicated room, from which they received payment for what they carried in.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:47 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Roy wrote:How about if they charged you a deposit on plastic bottles? You return them, get your deposit back, and nothing goes in the ocean.

I noticed, today, when entering the Tops supermarket in Cortland, NY, that folks were returning such containers to a dedicated room, from which they received payment for what they carried in.

Just think about all the senior citizens supplementing their pensions collecting containers for the deposit money.....out there getting in their walkies and being chased by bears.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 pm

:roll: :D don't you have access to medications? :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:08 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote::roll: :D don't you have access to medications? :mrgreen:

Why? Do you need some?

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote::roll: :D don't you have access to medications? :mrgreen:

Why? Do you need some?

If so, I bet I'm not alone on that regard.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:19 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Why? Do you need some?

If so, I bet I'm not alone on that regard.

We're all old enough to regulars at the pharmacy......although I try rather hard to avoid that pathway.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:27 pm

I don't know where doctors get the courage to make the crucial decisions, such as prescribing drugs and various procedures rather than surgery, whenever possible. 100 o/o of my doctors have been perfect (even the poor guy who had to try several times, last April , to get that awful tube thru my nose and into my stomach .)

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:31 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I don't know where doctors get the courage to make the crucial decisions, such as prescribing drugs and various procedures rather than surgery, whenever possible. 100 o/o of my doctors have been perfect (even the poor guy who had to try several times, last April , to get that awful tube thru my nose and into my stomach .)

Was that tube plastic or glass ? did it have a deposit on it. :wink: :mrgreen:

As far as Rufus needing medication, He probably brews his own. :lol: :lol: :lol:

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Water in plastic bottles is the biggest problem. Forks,knives and spoons are now made from corn gluten. In China people are bringing their own chopsticks to eat out. Things need to change allover the world.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:04 pm

robert. wrote:Water in plastic bottles is the biggest problem.

Maybe if there was clean water everywhere, that would be easier. The water from my well in PA is not drinkable; probably have to boil it and distill it at least once.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”