Questions on train forums I wouldn't think of asking.

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: Questions on train forums I wouldn't think of asking.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:17 am

Dear ladies and gentlemen ,
My name is Robert Ronky. I'm a New Britain Borough resident, with a wife and a 9 year old daughter. I just finished a campaign for Pennsylvania's General Assembly 29th district. I would be interested in serving on your capital campaign committee. Having an indoor recreation facility would be a great asset to the area. Children and adults both can benefit handsomely from the complex you have planned. Any further questions or info needed please contact me. robronky@..or 908-337-.... Thanks for your consideration and Happy New Year Rob Ronky.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:19 am

RBH29 wrote:Happy New Year Murph! I like your changes but would you keep the word "planed" instead of "planned"?
Richard

Absolutely not .

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:21 am

It's very difficult to proof read your own stuff. One benefit to this place is. We have a few people that are great with a pen. I appreciate i the help i can get. Public speaking is my strong point. Writing is my Achilles heel.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:26 am

robert. wrote:It's very difficult to proof read your own stuff.

That takes a lot of practice and tricks like reading it backwards and/or reading it out loud.

Writing is my Achilles heel.

I've been writing and publishing for ~45+ years. I still describe my efforts as just adequate. I have had the benefit of exposure to great writers from whom I have learned. As with many activities, you only get better through practice.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun May 21, 2023 5:33 pm

robert. wrote: Writing is my Achilles heel.

I am by no means making fun or being a wise guy: Get a good spell checker (pretty sure Firefox web browser offers a decent one) and some grammar school English texts.

know the difference between words: to (preposition) too (also) two (2) there (adverb meaning in or at) their (possessive: their car, their job etc.

They're which is a contraction = they are

That's just the start.

English is a difficult language!

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Mon May 22, 2023 10:24 am

I was a machinist, I never typed or wrote a thing until I got a computer 15 or 20 years ago.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”