Facebook/Social Media

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Facebook/Social Media

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:14 pm

This is a CBS 60 minute report on how Facebook enabled the republican campaign to use Facebook.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-e ... et-weapon/

Facebook offered this to both campaigns, only the republicans took them up on the offer.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY FOR FACEBOOK..

Facebook had their own people embedded within the campaign teaching them how to use the platform

Brad Parscale: These social platforms are all invented by very liberal people on the West and East Coast, and we figure out how to use it to push conservative values. I don't think they ever thought that would happen. I would say the number one thing that people come up to me is, like, "I just never thought Republicans would be the ones to figure out how to use all this."

The offer

MurphOnMillerAve

Re: Facebook/Social Media

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:29 pm

I watched that same report . It was amazing and informative , even going into depth about how they used color, for example, and pictures, among four choices of messages to help determine information about each participant.

Thank you for bringing this up .

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:36 pm

I miss when things were relatively simple.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

MYmoo

Postby MYmoo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 pm

webenda wrote:I miss when things were relatively simple.

+1

"...Back when coke was still cola, and a joint, a bad place to be..."

Yes, Merle, They are. :(
-----
Unplug When Done.
-----
Peace,

MYron R. MOOre

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:47 pm

I miss Eisenhower Republicanism.

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 pm

"Are the good times really over for good?"
--Merle Haggard

"Yes, Merle, they are."
--Myron R. Moore

https://youtu.be/sxLtXJzo3Ew
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

MYmoo

Postby MYmoo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 am

webenda wrote:"Are the good times really over for good?"
--Merle Haggard

"Yes, Merle, they are."
--Myron R. Moore

https://youtu.be/sxLtXJzo3Ew

Thank You for the clip.

I knew somebody knew. :wink:
-----
Unplug When Done.
-----
Peace,

MYron R. MOOre

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:00 am

Nice photo Wayne! Certainly brings back memories of a nicer and more simpler time. Not talking about politics especially, just a time when people appeared to be proud of doing a good job, held the country to a higher standard, we appeared to have higher morals, more family and civic pride and truth wasn't something to be twisted (as much) to help your side win. It was never perfect, but not like the out of control BS we have today.

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 am

up148 wrote:.....just a time when people appeared to be proud of doing a good job, held the country to a higher standard, we appeared to have higher morals, more family and civic pride and truth wasn't something to be twisted (as much) to help your side win.

We have since learned that appearances were at minimum deceiving, and at worse reality was simply ignored. The good old days were not all that good; we remember things very selectively.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Tom Dempsey wrote:I miss Eisenhower Republicanism.

Somewhere along the line, I learned that he believed that Congress should run the Country, not the President.

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:12 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Tom Dempsey wrote:I miss Eisenhower Republicanism.

Somewhere along the line, I learned that he believed that Congress should run the Country, not the President.

Considering how active he was as a President, that seems odd to me.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm

The main thing that got Eke elected was: "He whupped the Nazis."

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:.....just a time when people appeared to be proud of doing a good job, held the country to a higher standard, we appeared to have higher morals, more family and civic pride and truth wasn't something to be twisted (as much) to help your side win.

We have since learned that appearances were at minimum deceiving, and at worse reality was simply ignored. The good old days were not all that good; we remember things very selectively.

We have since learned that the above statement has probably been applied to every body and thing. Before we figured that out the good old days were better.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:02 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

We have since learned that the above statement has probably been applied to every body and thing. Before we figured that out the good old days were better.

Yes, in some cases I guess ignorance can be bliss. Growng up in the 50's and early 60's was blissful. And once you take the "red" pill, you can't go back.

BH

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:38 am

I'd like to congratulate everyone for setting a new record! After the first response, the original subject of Facebook/Social media went off into the ozone, never to be heard from again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”