How Stupid Are They?

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:19 pm

Canada mulls putting warnings on each cigarette
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61767386

Canada's government is proposing putting health warnings on individual cigarettes in what would be a world-first way of tackling the habit.

Mental Health and Addictions Minister Carolyn Bennett said she hoped the measure would help reach more people.

She said the key target were young people who often access cigarettes "in social situations sidestepping the information printed on a package".

Tobacco firms to pay billions in damages in Canada
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32969338

A Canadian court has ordered three tobacco companies to pay C$15.5bn (£8bn; $12bn) - the largest award for damages in the country's history.

The firms argued that Canadians have had a "high awareness" of smoking health risks since the 1950s.

"That awareness has been reinforced by the health warnings printed on every legal cigarette package for more than 40 years," JTI-Macdonald said in a statement.

But the plaintiffs argued that the companies did not properly warn their customers and failed in their general duty "not to cause injury to another person", according to the Quebec Superior Court decision.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:36 am

Well, smoking is probably high on the list of stupid given what it does to you
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:37 am

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:46 am

Returning home from Richmond yesterday, I noticed something gaining in popularity. 3 separate incidents of people pouring a gallon of gad in their car. Not so much how stupid are they. More around the lines of “ takes awhile to learn how far 20 bucks will now get you”
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148

Postby up148 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:05 am

Cigarettes are today's witch hunt. I don't smoke, but I can't believe the harassment smokers deal with today. Just like alcohol and drugs, it's their choice and those vices are allowed to flourish.

Why don't these libturds put this much effort into stopping drug use instead of legalizing pot, do more about alcoholism and other harmful habits? I guess picking the low hanging fruit is always the easiest.

Smokers have not been allowed to smoke in public for years or anywhere else around non-smokers, so get off you high horse and find something else to protest. States and Countries are only using this as a cash generator............they don't give a sh*t who smokes or dies.

We have way more serious problems to solve in this country and world than smokers.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:39 pm

robert. wrote:Returning home from Richmond yesterday, I noticed something gaining in popularity. 3 separate incidents of people pouring a gallon of gad in their car. Not so much how stupid are they.

I don't understand.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:44 pm

up148 wrote:Cigarettes are today's witch hunt. I don't smoke, but I can't believe the harassment smokers deal with today. Just like alcohol and drugs, it's their choice and those vices are allowed to flourish.

All 3 are drugs. Smoking causes cancer and a lot of other very bad health issues that you can share; no witches involved at all. A lot of tobacco companies knowing that they were selling a product that was directly causing cancer and all sorts of other cardiovascular disease - yup! But no witches.... Gee, witches might have been better.

As for pot, tax the freakin $hit out of it because eventually we're going to find out that putting that smoke in your lungs is causing all sorts of bad health issue later that we're going to end up paying for. As for other drugs, we lost that war on drugs before it started; sort of like losing the war on cancer.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:59 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:Returning home from Richmond yesterday, I noticed something gaining in popularity. 3 separate incidents of people pouring a gallon of gad in their car. Not so much how stupid are they.

I don't understand.

can't remember the last time i saw someone run out of gas along I95. Thursday i saw three car parked alongside the road with their owner putting gas in it. My suspicion is. $20 worth of gas no longer gets you 3 round trips to work. People are now figuring that out as they run out on their way home. If you google running out of gas. AAA will tell you "it is at an all time high"

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:03 pm

I think with pot most people are using edibles. When the CDC says " smoking is the cause of death". Does that include pot or only tobacco?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:05 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I don't understand.

can't remember the last time i saw someone run out of gas along I95. Thursday i saw three car parked alongside the road with their owner putting gas in it. My suspicion is. $20 worth of gas no longer gets you 3 round trips to work. People are now figuring that out as they run out on their way home. If you google running out of gas. AAA will tell you "it is at an all time high"

Ok, they were just skimping, and then hoping and praying to make it "home".

Doubt that they had any idea what kid of mileage they might be getting.....

But I've not seen anyone like that as yet - just drove to Harrisburg and back. Maybe this is more associated with chronic I95 stupidity syndrome.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:07 pm

robert. wrote:I think with pot most people are using edibles. When the CDC says " smoking is the cause of death". Does that include pot or only tobacco?

I have no idea on edibles; very little actually known on pot smoking vs. tobacco smoking -- very rarely funding in this country to study lung health and all parallel to tobacco. In general though, anything other than clean air in your lungs is less than optimal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:36 pm

Pot smoke is held longer in the lungs. Might no be as often I have 2 friends that smoke pot all day long. They have been at it for 35 years and it shows. Funny thing is they have a really successful painting and wallpaper business.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:59 pm

50 years ago they warned us of the tar content being 4 or 5 times higher in pot than tobacco. Don't believe it? Look at the water in your bong! :lol: And that was back when you toked an entire joint or bowl to get lit. The pot that's out there today, you take two hits and your brains drip out of your ears onto your shoulders and you're stupid for 3 hours! :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:28 pm

robert. wrote:Returning home from Richmond yesterday, I noticed something gaining in popularity. 3 separate incidents of people pouring a gallon of gad in their car. Not so much how stupid are they. More around the lines of “ takes awhile to learn how far 20 bucks will now get you”

I’ve witnessed it twice in the past week. One tonight. My basic 2018 work truck notifies me at 50 miles til empty. I’d think most cars on the road today have something similar when the fuel is low.

MartyE

Postby MartyE » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:46 am

Yeah it’s called a gas gauge.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”