How Stupid Are They?

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:55 am

Woman climbs through McDonald's drive-thru window to make her own order in viral TikTok video
https://news.yahoo.com/woman-climbs-mcd ... 30665.html

A woman takes matters into her own hands after McDonald’s employees tell her they cannot take her order after running out of gloves in a TikTok video that is now going viral.

The clip was originally posted last month by the user @greergreer and has since garnered over 720,000 views and 127,000 likes.

@greergreer #fyp #viral #mcdonalds ♬ original sound - quezgreer

As described by the text in the video, “Lady climbs through McDonald’s window because we’re not taking orders anymore because we have no gloves.”

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:26 am

gregj410 wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Brittney Griner pleads guilty to Russian drugs charge
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62084185

US basketball player Brittney Griner has pleaded guilty to drug charges in a Russian court but has denied deliberately breaking the law.

The Olympic gold medallist was detained in February at an airport near Moscow when cannabis oil vape cartridges were allegedly found in her luggage.

"I was in a rush packing and the cartridges accidentally ended up in my bag," she told the court in Khimki.

Her trial began last week on charges that could mean 10 years in jail.

Griner's wife earlier called on President Joe Biden to do "whatever is necessary" to secure her release. Mr Biden told Cherelle Griner he was working to have her freed as soon as possible.

The 31-year-old basketball star, who is accused of possessing and smuggling drugs, had already sent the president a letter saying she was "terrified [she] might be here forever".

cartridges accidentally ended up in my bag :wink: :lol:

I wonder if she makes it back to the US if she’ll stand for the national anthem? Joey the Dunce says this is a priority but I think he said the same thing about reducing gas prices. So long Britney :lol:

“Brittney Griner actively refused to be present during the playing of the US National Anthem before games, and even demanded the Anthem and flag ceremony be avoided in all games. I wonder what it feels like now with her begging the Red, White and Blue to come to her rescue?”

“Brittney Griner despised America until she needed rescue”.

On the bright side she won't have to listen to the National Anthem now. :wink:

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:36 am

I don't understand how these athletes think just because they're good at one thing, they have the right to influence anything. I hope the bitch rots over there, based only on what I've read here and her attitude.....never seen her and don't care too. Like so many today, she thinks her opinions and choices should be inflicted on everyone.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:11 pm

up148 wrote:I don't understand how these athletes think just because they're good at one thing, they have the right to influence anything.

Politicians and political pundits/advisors (the never ending parade of talking heads....) have fewer qualifications (frequently none at all....) yet people listen to them and are influenced by them.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:36 am

Biden's Title IX rule could mean your daughter's college roommate will be a man
Biden's Education Department wants to reform Title IX to emphasize gender identity. That could create a host of problems for colleges and universities

Of all the uncertainties that college freshmen must face, none is more sensitive than the issue of roommates. You might become best friends. You might go to war over who ate the leftover pizza in the fridge. There’s nothing to be taken for granted when it comes to living with a virtual stranger, except that men room with men and women room with women.

At least, for now. If the Biden administration gets its way, schools could force biological female students to live with biological men who identify as women and vice versa.

The Department of Education has proposed a new Title IX rule that demands that colleges treat students in line with their gender identity, not their biological sex. That means that people who identify as women would live with people who identify as women, and people who identify as men would live with people who identify as men.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:51 am

So? Co-ed dorms with mixed genders sharing rooms has been in place for years.... More fear-mongering.... :roll:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:10 am

Sharing a room ? Or sharing floors? I’m not sure a university would assign unacquainted people of the opposite sex to share a room.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:16 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:So? Co-ed dorms with mixed genders sharing rooms has been in place for years.... More fear-mongering.... :roll:

Doesn't now and won't ever affect me, but it would be interesting to have FACTS on how this has gone over the years. Would very likely be interesting if you could get actual facts. If I had a daughter, I don't think I'd buy into it.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:44 am

HONDO74 wrote:Biden's Education Department wants to reform Title IX to emphasize gender identity.

Gender Identity: Here's a novel idea: Let's call they with 2 XX chromosomes females and those with XY, males, and forget about all this other BS. Sure as Hades, someone with 2 Z's will show up to screw up the works.

HONDO74 wrote:Of all the uncertainties that college freshmen must face, none is more sensitive than the issue of roommates. You might become best friends. You might go to war over who ate the leftover pizza in the fridge. There’s nothing to be taken for granted when it comes to living with a virtual stranger, except that men room with men and women room with women.

At least, for now. If the Biden administration gets its way, schools could force biological female students to live with biological men who identify as women and vice versa.

The Department of Education has proposed a new Title IX rule that demands that colleges treat students in line with their gender identity, not their biological sex. That means that people who identify as women would live with people who identify as women, and people who identify as men would live with people who identify as men.

"stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni"........and I'm the effin' Count of Monte Cristo. Damn, I coulda been on the girls rasslin' team! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:41 am

I heard on the news just now and have also before some people were held up for their cell phones. What do they do with them? As far as I know with iphones they can't do anything. Possibly they try to sell them somehow.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:20 am

i have found 2 iphones over the years. The first one was out of battery. So i had a friend charge it. That phone was unlocked and an older iphone model. This was about 10 years ago. after a good charging. I called a number from the stored phone numbers. I called the girls mom and she answered. Told her the story and where i lived, Phone would be it my mailbox at the end of the day. She said " thanks i'll be there around 7pm. Next day the phone was gone and there was a packages of peanut butter cups with a thank you note.
The second phone was locked. With the screen displaying " phone lost and locked. Call this number" I called and the lady said" she lived in D.C."
That's about 175 miles south of me. I told her " i would mail it back or she could come get it." She gave me her address and i was ready to mail it. I was not going to charge her to mail it back. At the time it was less than $8.00. Two hours later she calls on her phone a few times so i answer it. Damn lady went into a rant about me taking her phone and the police are coming to my house. Blah Blah Blah. She must have been off her meds. I still have the phone.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:57 pm

v8vega wrote:I heard on the news just now and have also before some people were held up for their cell phones. What do they do with them? As far as I know with iphones they can't do anything. Possibly they try to sell them somehow.

Pull the banking info off them before they get locked?

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:19 am

I heard on the News, approximately a year ago, that we should never do any financial business involving our bank accounts via our phones, that on them is where we are the most vulnerable. That same missive was repeated a few days ago, too.

Thus, I only do bill-paying and banking on my laptop, not on my new iPhones , not ever .

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:05 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I heard on the News, approximately a year ago, that we should never do any financial business involving our bank accounts via our phones..........

Just a year ago? This is something that's been advised for a long time.

Folks have been using their phones for banking and bill paying for quite a few years now. Never made sense to me, but people with smart phones (phone is smarter than many of them, apparently....) love the convenience.

Best you have that laptop well protected w/o any of the bank info, passwords, etc. stored on it anywhere.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:12 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I heard on the News, approximately a year ago, that we should never do any financial business involving our bank accounts via our phones, that on them is where we are the most vulnerable. That same missive was repeated a few days ago, too.

Thus, I only do bill-paying and banking on my laptop, not on my new iPhones , not ever .

I had an identity issue...sort of...MANY years ago. Court ordered, no less. Emptied all bank accounts, bounced checks. They did not do "due diligence". Same first and last name, different middle.
Since that time, NOTHING to do with banking is done on-line.

Ex-spurts tell me my computers are not "secure" enough, but since I do no banking, doesn't bother me.
XP laptop (this one!) and XP PC (the other one) continue to function well.

And, I know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that any notice comes in from a bank...ain't me.
Banks don't have our e-mail addresses, our files have notes that it takes a face-to-face with photo ID to change to an on-line banking.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”