How Stupid Are They?

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby HONDO74 » Mon May 30, 2022 6:35 pm

Mona Lisa: Man dressed as old woman throws cake at da Vinci painting
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61635822

A man disguised as an elderly woman in a wheelchair has thrown cake at the Mona Lisa, Leonardo da Vinci's famous painting at the Louvre in Paris.

The piece, which was undamaged, was left with white cream smeared across its protective glass.

The perpetrator, seen wearing a wig and lipstick, urged people to "think of the Earth" while being led from the scene.

The incident on Sunday was described by witnesses as being "jaw-dropping".

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:13 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Florida: 10-year-old boy arrested for alleged text threatening mass shooting: 'sickening'

Apparently there's an epidemic of these threats now.......really makes one wonder about their parents.

A note from my kid's school
Good afternoon,

Last evening, an anonymous tip regarding an unspecified threat to our school came in to the Safe to Say system. The reporter was a student in 6Merson. Safe to Say is a state program that allows someone to report knowledge of a potential threat of violence on a school or a student.

Central Bucks School District takes these reports very seriously. Last night’s tip initiated a series of steps to ensure the safety of all students:

Police were notified.
Parents of students named were notified.
District Central Office Administration was notified.
Our district security officer was on our grounds this morning.

Today I interviewed staff and spoke with several sixth-grade students. At this time, the tip has not been substantiated and no additional reports were made.

As we head into the final days of the school year, school safety remains a top priority.

I appreciate your continued support.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:52 pm

That 'oughta do it. Thanks very much, Ray.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:59 pm

Watching ghost busters toady ?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:46 am

robert. wrote:Watching ghost busters toady ?

No. But at least you got the reference and how it applies to that note from your kid's school.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:56 am

I wonder if their 75 lawyers have them do it. This is the 3rd one that i know of. We would say to one another.” You’re dead meat. Meet me at the flagpole after school “ All empty threats. Nobody ever showed up. It’s really a different time now.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:10 am

robert. wrote:I wonder if their 75 lawyers have them do it.

Probably.

Several years ago I tore into a sender of note that went out shortly after an active shooter incident where my wife worked that that stated "We all know how you feel......." Sent back, "No, you don't. And you need to stop sending such insulting rubbish to everyone right now." Surprisingly, they apologized, retracted, and stopped sending that sort of crap.

We would say to one another.” You’re dead meat. Meet me at the flagpole after school “

Pre-cellphone era

All empty threats. Nobody ever showed up.

Not where I went to school.

It’s really a different time now.

Yup!

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:21 am

We had boxing gloves in the gym. Anybody with a gripe could go see Doc Davis. Lace them up and settle it. He would stop it. When it got out of hand. No detention bi expulsion. Dry your eyes and go back to class

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:06 am

robert. wrote:We had boxing gloves in the gym. Anybody with a gripe could go see Doc Davis. Lace them up and settle it. He would stop it. When it got out of hand. No detention bi expulsion. Dry your eyes and go back to class

The "Good old days".... :roll: :roll: :roll:

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:24 pm

That email caused my wife to hold our child from school today.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:49 pm

robert. wrote:That email caused my wife to hold our child from school today.

Didn't instill a lot of confidence, did it.......

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:26 pm

Exactly. She wonts to know now. What was the problem? Why did you feel this email was important. Past email mentioned “ x y z “ childish prank, classmates minor fight or threatening to fight.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:27 pm

robert. wrote:Exactly. She wonts to know now. What was the problem? Why did you feel this email was important.

Probably will never know and be hidden behind "confidential"....

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:20 am

Viral video shows orangutan grab visitor through zoo cage, refuse to let go
https://www.foxnews.com/world/viral-vid ... -indonesia

Kasang Kulim Zoo manager Desrizal later said Arifin broke the zoo’s safety rules in an attempt to get a video of the caged creature.

"What happened on Monday afternoon, the visitor jumped into the guardrail of the orangutan cage to take a video without the officer’s permission… The visitor has violated the rules by jumping over the guardrail and kicking the orangutan."

Other videos recorded at the zoo appear to show "do not cross" signs in front of the primate's cage.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:47 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:Exactly. She wonts to know now. What was the problem? Why did you feel this email was important.

Probably will never know and be hidden behind "confidential"....

A 6th grade student threatened to shot up the school. My wife wad hounding our school district daily for answers. They feel it wad an empty threat and allowed this student to finish out the year. My wife yanked our child from school. With only 5 days left.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”