How Stupid Are They?

Play nice and have fun...
Mitch

How Stupid Are They?

Postby Mitch » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:07 pm

I was readin' all the crap on the MSN homepage, and I've decided it's time for another thread. Feel free to chime in with any stupid thing you hear or see. We ought to generate a little conversation with this. I'll start with this one:

NFL fans are calling for a national boycott of the NFL if kneeling quarterback Kaepernick is not signed. What if no team needs him; what if no team wants him with stigma he's already placed on himself, and then there's the fact that he started out hot, then became a mediocre quarterback. Just how stupid are these fans. Nobody's gonna boycott the NFL and make a difference. They might get a headline or two on the sports page or ESPN, but I doubt it's goin' anywhere.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Mitch

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby Mitch » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Here's another stupid move. The Calexit. California has a move on to become an independent country, and the movement is gaining support and momentum. Don't Californians realize that we already went through this crap beginning 156 years ago? Of course they don't, since most Californians are not Americans, and never heard of it or learned it, and anyway, they quit teachin' that real history shite long ago. Even then they were convincing people that the Civil War was just about slavery; had nothing to do with states rights.

Don't get me wrong. I'd really like to see them go, and take their $200 billion debt with them. We then could stop all Federal grants and subsidies, and we wouldn't have to listen to shite anymore. Of course, they'd be stone broke and in complete upheaval in a couple of weeks, after the "country" would default on their first payday to the minions. :roll: All the tech and microchip companies would move to Texas, taking all those good jobs away while saving billions in taxes.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Another one from California.
Vegan extremists have bullied a mom-and-pop butcher shop in California’s most liberal city into hanging an animal rights sign in the window that the shop owners say amounts to “ethical extortion.”

The Local Butcher Shop, of Berkeley, had been targeted for months by nearly naked protesters dripping in fake blood. The protests had been organized by the vegan group Direct Action Everywhere, or DXE, which said they would continue if the shop’s owners, Monica and Aaron Rocchino, didn’t cave in to their demands.
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/ ... -sign.html

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:56 am

Mitch wrote:Here's another stupid move. The Calexit. California has a move on to become an independent country, and the movement is gaining support and momentum.

Works for me! :mrgreen:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:02 am

Mitch wrote:Here's another stupid move. The Calexit. California has a move on to become an independent country, and the movement is gaining support and momentum. ....

I wonder what their specific reasons are for wanting to secede from our federation.

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:00 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Mitch wrote:Here's another stupid move. The Calexit. California has a move on to become an independent country, and the movement is gaining support and momentum. ....

I wonder what their specific reasons are for wanting to secede from our federation.

San Andreas Fault :?:

They may not have a choice once they spilt off from the rest of the continent :D

NFL, I could care less, haven't watched 4 quarters of a game in about 25 years. People pump their egos up and worship them like they're gods. So I guess I'm performing my own little boycott, just not for the reason they have.
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:08 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

It's mainly because Trump was elected President. California has 1.3 trillion debt. It won't be long before they look like Venezuela. I say let them leave and lets see if they can survive. Once they leave they will be like Puerto Rico. They will want back in to get the rest of us to bail them out. :mrgreen:
http://californiapolicycenter.org/can-c ... ment-debt/

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 am

You are right, Hondo, about the more than 1 trillion in debt for California. I think the $200 billion I posted is just their unfunded liability for the state employees pension fund. No matter how you slice it, they'd be toast in a month. Seems like every state that's been ruled by Democrats have huge unfunded pension plans. One reason is that these (government) employee unions never have to sit across the table at negotiations with the people who actually pay their wages, John Q. Public; they're negotiating with the people whose campaigns they contributed to.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:06 am

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:San Andreas Fault :?:

They may not have a choice once they spilt off from the rest of the continent :D

Speaking of stupid.

I am stupid for even getting into this stupid thread.

The concept of California splitting off from the united states due to plate tectonics is stupid.

The average annual rate the Pacific Plate moves in relation to the North American plate is 46 mm per year to the northwest. This is an average plate movement, a large earthquake in the San Andreas Fault could trigger significantly larger localized movement on the order of feet in seconds. The nature of movement of the San Andreas Fault system means Los Angeles will one day have traveled the 347 miles north to San Francisco. Some day--about twelve million years now.

347 miles = 558,442,368 millimeters
558442368/46/year = 12,140,051 years

The Pacific Plate movement along the San Andreas Fault does not allow for a massive drop or westward movement required to have California, "drop or split off from the rest of the continent."

P.S. I like your "spilt" typo Bob (it was a typo, right?) I can imagine California being spilt into the Pacific Ocean in a Dwayne Johnson movie.
Last edited by webenda on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:11 am

...and besides, even if California were to "split off" from the mainline, how would that make its status as a state any different from Hawaii's ? :)

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:24 am

California does need to be split, split into north and south California. But it's not going to split and fall into the ocean. They are however overdue for a major earthquake.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:27 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:...and besides, even if California were to "split off" from the mainline, how would that make its status as a state any different from Hawaii's ? :)

If that were to happen, Wayne might have some ocean front property in Arizona. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:27 am

Wayne,

I didn't see that one (-5pts for spelling :oops: ), but fixed another typo once I read it :lol:

Years ago on SNL someone wrote in saying they had Philadelphia spelled wrong (Philadelpia, no h) on the newscast segment. They responded they were going to keep it that way because they liked it that way.

I guess "spiltting" off could be difficult...maybe we can get CA to just go away :twisted: :wink:
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:30 am

HONDO74 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:...and besides, even if California were to "split off" from the mainline, how would that make its status as a state any different from Hawaii's ? :)

If that were to happen, Wayne might have some ocean front property in Arizona. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of the state of California is east of the San Andreas fault. The capital of California is Sacramento, 88 miles east of the San Andreas fault. California as a whole is not going anywhere. And Arizona is not going to have any ocean front property.

----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:44 am

webenda wrote:Speaking of stupid.
I am stupid for even getting into this stupid thread.

I started the thread with the intention of possibly providing a little entertainment and pump up contributions a little here on the forum. Your statement implies I was stupid for starting it, and everybody else is stupid for contributing. If you don't like it, stay the hell off of it! :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”