The invasion of Europe

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: The invasion of Europe

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:38 pm

A September 2016 Washington Times story headlined: "Mass immigration costs government $296 billion a year, depresses wages." It reported on a study from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine on the economic and fiscal consequences of immigration.

We have worse problems than this. When will we go bankrupt ?

healey36

Postby healey36 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:15 am

Agreed. If there’s any single factor that will hasten the US’ transition into a banana republic, it is the rapidly increasing debt level.

Important to note that intragovernmental debt is just a subset of the total national debt, which now exceeds twenty trillion dollars ($20,000,000,000,000), and is growing at a projected rate of $1.3 trillion per annum.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:10 am

This caravan of migrants wont end well. It may even make Kent state look minor.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 am

robert. wrote:This caravan of migrants wont end well. It may even make Kent state look minor.

Not to worry, the military will not be shooting anyone for throwing rocks at them. Only if one has a gun and is shooting at them and that would defeat their purpose of wanting into this country.

The purpose of the military is to intimidate these people to go to a point of entry and file for asylum not just flood across the border. That gives us the opportunity to eliminate any gang members and criminals from getting in.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:54 am

Hondo,
I hope you are right.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:48 am

I wish I could share the optimism, but I don't see how this is going to turn out good. Thought I heard last night that Trump is putting together one of his EO's right now, that won't allow them in for asylum. So, they'll be turned away and that won't go well.

It is a no win scenario and a political football for democrats and liberals. Thank goodness they don't arrive until after the mid-term elections.

BH

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:52 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Mitch wrote:Take a break, Rufus! Most of us are already well versed in the Democratic Talking Points. That caravan, and the two that are forming behind it, would cost us untold billions in taxpayer dollars. Are you one of the ones who think we don't pay enough in taxes?

Show me where they cost billions - that's totally made up BS. 6000 times yourself isn't billions.

I pay more taxes than most people earn in a year and I didn't get any so-called BS tax cut either.

I agree........give it a rest. We know we live in a polarized society and our media is twisted and full of lies and BS. Nothing has to be proven to anyone, because it won't change how you or I or others believe on many points. We have to agree to disagree.

BH

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:18 am

rogruth wrote:Hondo,
I hope you are right.

Roger, it's going to be a while before they get here. When they get here this is going to be one big liberal media extravaganza. They will all be there with their camera's to get pictures of mothers getting babies ripped from there arms. :wink: :mrgreen:

That's if they survive this walk and the kids are still alive.

Here is something to think about. If a mother in this country was to take off on a thousand mile walk dragging her kids with her she would be arrested for child abuse and the kids would be taken away from her.....

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:41 am

Not to be vulgar or too pedestrian, but where do all these people go to the restroom?!

I mean, when I go to NYC, necessity requires that I have a clear idea and plan for where I can go for such accommodations. That's not news. Everybody knows that when you are in Manhattan . Certain stores (I'm not telling.) Most restaurants and taverns and/or bars require patronization for use of their "facilities". Even when I am traveling any distance , rest-ability must be planned ahead .

But these fragile (?) families out there on their own, with limited funds and resources?

And what are the chances of one of these children, or the adults, even, getting a wound or getting sick - what happens then?

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:06 pm

I have my places in nyc. 25 years of friendship with doormen and freight dock managers.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:23 pm

robert. wrote:I have my places in nyc. 25 years of friendship with doormen and freight dock managers.

Precisely. And as you well-know, that is only part of the solutions possible, which are required.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:41 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
robert. wrote:I have my places in nyc. 25 years of friendship with doormen and freight dock managers.

Precisely. And as you well-know, that is only part of the solutions possible, which are required.

Soup can....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:24 pm

That would draw attention.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:09 pm

Starbucks. New company policy. Anybody may use our restrooms.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:12 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:That would draw attention.

Not a gallon can, :roll:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”