The invasion of Europe

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: The invasion of Europe

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:27 pm

robert. wrote:That's a good way to insure your car stays put. Leave a tv on the roof. I hope they left you a thank you note for your TV. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better than a Thank You note, they gave me a lesson that I wasn't in Pittsburgh any more.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:00 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote: I left a portable TV on the roof of the car, since my hands were pretty full, and I figured that the neighbors who were watching the whole proceedings from their next-door stoop would watch things for me.

When I came back out to the sidewalk.....

They were watching things for you as one of them took it and apparently none of them came over and told you who took it.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:56 am

HONDO74 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote: I left a portable TV on the roof of the car, since my hands were pretty full, and I figured that the neighbors who were watching the whole proceedings from their next-door stoop would watch things for me.

When I came back out to the sidewalk.....

They were watching things for you as one of them took it and apparently none of them came over and told you who took it.

Precisely. And I concluded I was lucky the car was still there. The event was a "baptism" by evil for me which instructed me that living on Manhattan was going to require a whole new set of care and standards, not to mention the requirement of being more aware of my surroundings, even in the Central Park West neighborhood. Living in Ohio and Pennsylvania had prepared me for a different world than I was adventuring into in NYC. Everything had to be re-evaluated and revised, apparently. However, I was just 21 and ready and eager for growth and change. To me, everything up to that point had been prelude.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:53 am

What you did was to inform everyone that you had deiced that you no longer needed nor wanted the TV and that anyone was free to take it.

Had you been in Philadelphia in that same time frame, you would have been greeted upon your return by at least a trio asking you what else you no longer wanted anymore.....

And then upon your next return, your car would be on blocks missing the tires/wheels and possibly more.

We worry about Europe and immigrants, and we ignore our own back yard full of...........well, just about every possibility, like the nutter that claimed to have a bomb at the Starbucks yesterday less than 2 miles from where I'm sitting.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:13 am

Bring back the loony bins. Lots of people in this country need mental health help. So many of them are out on the streets self medicating. with no chance of getting better. In many cases families have their hands tied by the courts. They can no longer have someone committed like the old days. Chances are pretty good that this caravan of people are sane people. They took a chance and left.

Ps. Murph's tv. was grabbed by an insane person. Any sane person would have waited for him to return. Then questioned him about having the rabbit ears. :lol: :lol:
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:01 am

robert. wrote:Then questioned him about having the rabbit ears. :lol: :lol:

If Murph was wearing rabbit ears, most folks would tend to give him a width berth. :mrgreen:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”