Favorite Movies

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Favorite Movies

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:57 pm

Actually saw one of the trailers for the Ghostbusters movie last night on TV.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:14 pm

Somewhere along the way I saw "Skyfall". Might have been on You Tube, but it was not a "pay per". I pick up a few $4.99 DVD's at Walmart now and then, and I used to watch a lot of PBS before I canned cable TV. Probably be going to some form of Internet streaming one of these days.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:I couldn't care less ala the Bond film.

Nor I, actually. I think I've not seen the last 2 as well.

There's a surprisingly large number of movies out now.....mildly more interested in the new Ghostbusters movie -- it's got to be better than that horrific reboot with the all female casting job.

Never had any desire to see any of those....just not my cup o'tea!

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:33 pm

Free to watch today and tomorrow only 11/17 11,18
http://www.prague-film-festival.com/vid ... FhTCVvMnfo
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:55 pm

Wheel of Time..................meh.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:36 pm

Can't recall when or where I saw it, but "The Salton Sea" was a bit of a different trip. Not your typical ending! That bit of geography finds it's way into a lot of printed material, some notable, some not so much. There is also a lot of "Docu" type stuff on You Tube.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:28 pm

A Christmas Story’ sequel set with Peter Billingsley reprising role as Ralphie, reports say
https://www.ky3.com/2022/01/21/christma ... ports-say/

CLEVELAND (WOIO/Gray News) – Break out the leg lamp because a sequel to “A Christmas Story” is in the works nearly 40 years after the original’s debut.

The Hollywood Reporter said Legendary and Warner Bros. are producing the sequel to the 1983 holiday classic, with Peter Billingsley starring as Ralphie once again.

The original movie was set in the 1940s on Cleveland Street with 9-year-old Ralphie desperately dreaming of having a Red Ryder BB gun under the tree.

The sequel will be titled “A Christmas Story Christmas” and is intended to premiere on HBO Max. Production is set to begin in Hungary in February, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The film will be set in the 1970s as adult Ralphie returns to his Cleveland Street house to “deliver his kids a magical Christmas like the one he had growing up,” as he reconnects with his childhood friends and accepts “the passing of his Old Man,” The Hollywood Reporter wrote.

A prior sequel was made in 2012 called “A Christmas Story 2.” It is unclear if the plot of “A Christmas Story Christmas” will take the 2012 plot into account.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:15 pm

I watched an interesting movie last night. CUT BANK. Billy Bob Thorton, Dernn And Helmsworth. The movie had a guy that plays an idiot. He does a great job. Also Malkovich is in it. Great twist in the movie. Slow first 10 minutes. Watch it. Well worth it.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:59 am

HONDO74 wrote:Break out the leg lamp because a sequel to “A Christmas Story” is in the works nearly 40 years after the original’s debut.

For they who don't know, that film/anecdote was a compilation of bits and pieces from a series of humorous tales/recollections published in Playboy magazine quite a few years back. They were the works of Jean Shepherd, radio humorist and author.

https://www.latimes.com/local/obituarie ... story.html

The short stories are far superior to the short film, which is a homogenization of several of the stories.

RBH29

Postby RBH29 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:29 am

robert. wrote:I watched an interesting movie last night. CUT BANK. Billy Bob Thorton, Dernn And Helmsworth. The movie had a guy that plays an idiot. He does a great job. Also Malkovich is in it. Great twist in the movie. Slow first 10 minutes. Watch it. Well worth it.

Robert, we watched this movie base on your recommendation and really enjoyed it. Actually we watched it 3 times. It had a Fargo feel to it. My wife and I had a long discussion on if Derby used his taxidermy skills for his diorama that he wanted the lunch box for. I Googled it but couldn't find anything. What is your opinion? And thanks for the recommendation.

Richard

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:49 pm

My wife and i had the same question. I feel they were real people. It was easy for Derby to kill others .

RBH29

Postby RBH29 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:11 am

Thanks. I thought the same thing.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:53 am

I saw the first hour and a quarter of Casablanka last night. If I haden't googled it I wouldent have understand whats going on. I have trouble understanding a lot of unusual movies. Made in1942 and won 3 acadamey awards. A lot of strange looking people in it.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:49 pm

v8vega wrote:I saw the first hour and a quarter of Casablanka last night. If I haden't googled it I wouldent have understand whats going on.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:41 pm

I’m watching the movie, “Titanic” (1997circa) for the third time since it was released .
It’s flawless. Absolutely flawless.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”