Favorite Movies

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Favorite Movies

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:47 am

Watched Dune......and I thought it surprisingly well done and pretty true to the book......but the movie is only Part 1.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:28 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Watched Dune......and I thought it surprisingly well done and pretty true to the book......but the movie is only Part 1.

Loved that movie, too; love when a movie takes me places I couldn't ever have imagined like that on my own.
The first "Alien" was like that for me, as well.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:11 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Watched Dune......and I thought it surprisingly well done and pretty true to the book......but the movie is only Part 1.

That must be the new version 2021 not the one made in 1984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g18jFHCLXk

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:32 pm

HONDO74 wrote:

That must be the new version 2021 not the one made in 1984

Yes; I saw the 1st version back in 1984; it had it's good points (some casting and effects and a bit of music from Eno) and lot of bad points, not the least of which it tried to cram a 6 hour movie into just over 2 hours and some bizarre drift from the book. One thing that LOTR's demonstrated was not to deviate from the book(s), and if it's a long movie, so be it.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:17 am

I have on the Outsiders with a very young Patric Swasey. A young tough guys movie with rolled up Tshirts and greased hair

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:02 pm

Not a favorite movie but a favorite scene from a movie.

Five Easy Pieces Diner Scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wtfNE4z6a8

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:51 pm

The Sandman

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:08 am

A friend sent me this link. I don't often agree with Bill Maher. He is talking about Hollywood movie gun violence and Hollywood being social activists
It's about 8 mins long. https://deadline.com/2022/06/bill-maher ... 235043333/
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:12 am

robert. wrote:I don't often agree with Bill Maher.

He used to be funny.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:19 am

robert. wrote:A friend sent me this link. I don't often agree with Bill Maher. He is talking about Hollywood movie gun violence and Hollywood being social activists
It's about 8 mins long. https://deadline.com/2022/06/bill-maher ... 235043333/

Bill Maher swipes liberals for hating Kyle Rittenhouse but will make '500 movies about vigilantes'

"Real Time" host Bill Maher closed his show Friday by tearing into Hollywood for turning a blind eye on its "romanticization" of gun violence as liberals continue to call for gun control following a string of mass shootings in the United States.

"Now that we live in an age of uber-corporate responsibility where every large company in America bends over backwards to get on the politically correct side of every issue, Hollywood has to tell us- why does that not include gun violence?" Maher began. "When liberals scream, ‘Do something!’ after a mass shooting, why aren't we also dealing with the fact that the average American kid sees 200,000 acts of violence on screens before the age of 18 and that according to the FBI, one of the warning signs of a potential school shooter is ‘a fascination with violence-filled entertainment?’"

"It's funny, Hollywood is the wokest place on Earth in every other area of social responsibility. They have intimacy coordinators on set to chaperone sex scenes, they hire sensitivity readers to go through and edit scripts, Disney stood up to the 'Don't Say Gay' law, another studio spent $10 million to digitally remove Kevin Spacey from a movie, but when it comes to the unbridled romanticization of gun violence, crickets. Weird. The only thing we don't call a trigger is the one that actually has a trigger," Maher told viewers.

All the actors and actresses that are anti gun don't have any problems making movies with guns and violence where they make thousands of dollars. :(

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:17 pm

They should announce a sequel to "Groundhog Day" and then just re-release the original.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:22 pm

Has anyone seen the Tarantino movie-- Once upon a time in Hollywood :?:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:51 am

HONDO74 wrote:Has anyone seen the Tarantino movie-- Once upon a time in Hollywood :?:

I have seen parts of it and been bored enough to change channels within minutes. Perhaps I've only sampled the boring parts....

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:07 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Has anyone seen the Tarantino movie-- Once upon a time in Hollywood :?:

I have seen parts of it and been bored enough to change channels within minutes. Perhaps I've only sampled the boring parts....

Tarantino mixed reality and fantasy in this movie. Margo Robbie as Sharon Tate. The movie ends on the night of Sept 8th 1969. Tate was murdered on Sept 9th 1969.

Check out this scene.
Cliff Booth VS hippies || Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-U5K71x5r4

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:11 am

Louise Fletcher: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest's Nurse Ratched dies aged 88

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63019250
Louise Fletcher, who won an Oscar for her unforgettable role as Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, has died aged 88.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”