Favorite Movies

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: Favorite Movies

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:"The Mandalorian"

Coming up.

Coming up? I thought that started on the 12th already?

Ah, oh ah, it was reported on the News , so I thought I'd mention it. Sorry I wasn't absolutely precise about the info, having caught just a quick piece of the piece. So ashamed. :oops: (Head hanging low.) :mrgreen: Once again, I stand corrected, and you know best. :shock: So enjoyable. :D And thank you, of course, for that absolutely vital refinement of the info I shared.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:46 pm

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:They haven't seen the movie either.

Or read the book.

Book? Book? What's a book? How do you turn it on?

Lay it on the table, get close and whisper: "I love you!" :mrgreen:

Guessing it has been done in audiobook version. You could turn that on!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:17 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:"The Mandalorian"

Coming up.

Coming up? I thought that started on the 12th already?

Ah, oh ah, it was reported on the News , so I thought I'd mention it. Sorry I wasn't absolutely precise about the info, having caught just a quick piece of the piece. So ashamed. :oops: (Head hanging low.) :mrgreen: Once again, I stand corrected, and you know best. :shock: So enjoyable. :D And thank you, of course, for that absolutely vital refinement of the info I shared.

Congratulations! You've just won the Grand Prize for Overthinking a Response to the Question :!: :!: :!:

I only wanted it confirmed that it started on the 12th and no more as I thought I might have misunderstood what you wrote and missed part of the show. But, no......

BTW, your prize has to be claimed in person at the NJ Transit Authority. And, yes! It's a free 1-way bus ticket to beautiful downtown Bayonne!
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rex desilets wrote:I still think that Alfa was the loveliest car ever.

And what do you think of the new ones?
Kind of indifferent, since I'm in my wanna-Porsche phase now :mrgreen: Plus tales of Eyetalian car reliability have managed to filter through to me....
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:21 pm

rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rex desilets wrote:I still think that Alfa was the loveliest car ever.

Kind of indifferent, since I'm in my wanna-Porsche phase now :mrgreen: Plus tales of Eyetalian car reliability have managed to filter through to me....

My wife thought them "cute", but like yourself, I'm far more interested in a Porsche, Panamera S4......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

My wife thought them "cute", but like yourself, I'm far more interested in a Porsche, Panamera S4......
I lust for that self-same Panamera; unfortunately, it appears that I may outlive my 401k so now's the time to cherish my 11-year-old Explorer (yet to break 50K miles) and my wife's 7-year-old MBZ.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:03 pm

I have come to really appreciate, what I would call, the buxom quality of SUVs , esp. by Benz, having had my first , a GLK ; then, an ML , and presently my GLE . I also have an E and enjoy going on errands and adventures alternating between the two. The low-slung look and image and feel have been a favorite since my '72 Gran Prix, but I am finding the image and something-something quality I find in SUVs to be persuasive , even a bit beguiling.

I may be imaging it or drawing a conclusion too quickly, but I have the distinct impression that, daily, I see more SUV type vehicles on the roads around me than cars.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:22 pm

Porsche, Panamera S4

2019 Porsche Panamera
https://www.edmunds.com/porsche/panamera/

MSRP Range
$86,300 - $196,600

Loaded
Turbo S E-Hybrid Executive
$196,600

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:42 pm

Back to movies: Being There

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:45 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I have come to really appreciate, what I would call, the buxom quality of SUVs , esp. by Benz, having had my first , a GLK ; then, an ML , and presently my GLE . I also have an E and enjoy going on errands and adventures alternating between the two. The low-slung look and image and feel have been a favorite since my '72 Gran Prix, but I am finding the image and something-something quality I find in SUVs to be persuasive , even a bit beguiling.

I may be imaging it or drawing a conclusion too quickly, but I have the distinct impression that, daily, I see more SUV type vehicles on the roads around me than cars.
Your distinct impression is born out by reality. And, so, GM and Ford have decided to stop making sedans, ceding the marketplace to the Japanese and the Koreans.
Clearly, these benighted companies are in the thrall of MBAs.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:46 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Porsche, Panamera S4

2019 Porsche Panamera

MSRP Range
$86,300 - $196,600

Loaded
$196,600

Pant. Slobber. Sigh. :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:37 am

rex desilets wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I have come to really appreciate, what I would call, the buxom quality of SUVs , esp. by Benz, having had my first , a GLK ; then, an ML , and presently my GLE . I also have an E and enjoy going on errands and adventures alternating between the two. The low-slung look and image and feel have been a favorite since my '72 Gran Prix, but I am finding the image and something-something quality I find in SUVs to be persuasive , even a bit beguiling.

Your distinct impression is born out by reality. And, so, GM and Ford have decided to stop making sedans, ceding the marketplace to the Japanese and the Koreans.

Pretty close to being very true - but also driven by the marketplace - Americans don't buy sedans anymore to the point that Ford moved a good bit of it's production to China where they sell sedans.

Clearly, these benighted companies are in the thrall of MBAs.

You sell what the market buys........or dry up and blow away. Maybe some of them should really downsize their product lines

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:38 am

rex desilets wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Porsche, Panamera S4

2019 Porsche Panamera

MSRP Range
$86,300 - $196,600

Loaded
$196,600

Pant. Slobber. Sigh. :mrgreen:

Indeed.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:43 am

I read that India's Tata Group, majority owner of Jaguar/Land Rover, has made the decision to unload those brands some eleven years after their acquisition from Ford following the 2007/2008 financial collapse. Both brands have been suffering declining sales for the last 4-5 years. The press has reported that Tata has reached out to BMW to test their interest. It would seem a good opportunity for a venture capitalist if they could get the price down to something manageable. It would be nice if they could be reorganized into something viable and independent.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:47 am

In June 2018, J.D. Power of the US rated Jaguar and Land Rover as the lowest two marques in terms of initial quality. The mid-2019 report confirmed them as the two worst brands for initial quality. The Jaguar F-Pace made Consumer Reports' February 2019 list of the '10 Least Reliable Cars'. The editors cited "electronics, drive system, power equipment, noises and leaks" as problematic aspects.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”