Favorite Movies

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: Favorite Movies

Postby robert. » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Last night the wife and i watched The Angriest Man In Brooklyn. Played by ROBIN WILLIAMS. A fun refreshing movie. No political BS. ROBIN WILLIAMS is told by a DR . he has 90 minutes to live. That 90 minutes is pulled out of a DR. backside.( this plays into part of the movie) Williams tries to make peace with people in his life. He can't reach his son . so he chooses to make a video for his son. Here is a scene from him buying a video camera. He has about 45 minutes left to live.( he thinks) ROBIN WILLIAMS and JAMES EARL JONES )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvMzCLAE0g
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:06 pm

A year ago I ran across a box set of DVDs for half price at WalMart) for the HBO TV movie "DEADWOOD" It ran for 3 seasons on HBO While we did have cable when it was on we didn't have HBO. There are 6 disc in the box per season. Took me most of the week to get through it.

I had no idea this show was as raunchy as it is. My wife would never have been able to watch it. Nudity that leaves nothing to the imagination. Simulated sex about the same and language that I doubt was ever used in those days. The writers had a thing for the term CK Sucker.

The main players in this movie are real. They existed in deadwood, but the story line is fiction even though many of the events depicted actually happened. This is whats known as a revisionist western.

It ran from 2004 to 2006 when it was canceled. In 2019 they made a feature length movie with most of the original cast that clears up most of the loose ends, Now I need to find that movie. :wink:

Just wondering if anyone else had seen it and what you thought of it.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:22 pm

Heard of it, but never watched it when we'd get a free HBO weekend.

Watching less and less TV and movies, and reading more books, spending time here together doing home front projects, etc.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:05 pm

HONDO74 wrote:....the HBO TV movie "DEADWOOD" It ran for 3 seasons on HBO ...

The main players in this movie are real. They existed in deadwood, but the story line is fiction even though many of the events depicted actually happened. This is what's known as a revisionist western.

It ran from 2004 to 2006 when it was canceled. In 2019 they made a feature length movie with most of the original cast ...

I watched almost every episode and saw the movie. Much enjoyed the whole shebang, though I could not say why. I had the feeling I was watching over some character's shoulder, having travelled back in time, it seemed so realistic.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:17 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

The main players in this movie are real. They existed in deadwood, but the story line is fiction even though many of the events depicted actually happened. This is what's known as a revisionist western.

It ran from 2004 to 2006 when it was canceled. In 2019 they made a feature length movie with most of the original cast ...

I watched almost every episode and saw the movie. Much enjoyed the whole shebang, though I could not say why. I had the feeling I was watching over some character's shoulder, having travelled back in time, it seemed so realistic.

How about the part where the feed the dead people they killed to the pigs....

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:33 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

Waste not, want not?

Better than feeding them to the pigs while they were still alive though......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:17 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I watched almost every episode and saw the movie. Much enjoyed the whole shebang, though I could not say why. I had the feeling I was watching over some character's shoulder, having travelled back in time, it seemed so realistic.

Waste not, want not?

And then they were selling the slaughtered pigs to humans :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:03 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:

Waste not, want not?

And then they were selling the slaughtered pigs to humans :lol: :lol: :lol:

What goes around comes around, literally. Next up, Soylent Green.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:38 pm

Last night I saw the famous Grapes of Wrath. I'm glad I saw it but not partially anxious to see it again.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:03 pm

v8vega wrote:Last night I saw the famous Grapes of Wrath. I'm glad I saw it but not partially anxious to see it again.

I stopped in to see a scene of the movie and moved on - it's a great movie, but it's hard to watch once let alone 2-3 times.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:17 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Next up, Soylent Green.

One of the lamest pieces of CRAP ever.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 am

E7 wrote:

Why does that opinion from you not surprise me, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was also Edward G. Robinson's last movie as he was dying of cancer during the filming; died 2 weeks after completed.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:04 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:

Why does that opinion from you not surprise me, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was also Edward G. Robinson's last movie as he was dying of cancer during the filming; died 2 weeks after completed.

The film "will be most remembered for the last appearance of Edward G. Robinson.... In a rueful irony, his death scene, in which he is hygienically dispatched with the help of piped-in light classical music and movies of rich fields flashed before him on a towering screen. And then he became Soylent Green :roll:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:15 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:

The film "will be most remembered for the last appearance of Edward G. Robinson.... In a rueful irony, his death scene, in which he is hygienically dispatched with the help of piped-in light classical music and movies of rich fields flashed before him on a towering screen. And then he became Soylent Green :roll:

light classical music?

It was Beethoven's 6th Symphony Pastoral and Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 6 Pathétique.....and part of the Peer Gynt Suite by Grieg.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:44 am

Maybe if it had been: "Soylent Chartreuse" :mrgreen:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”