Car Thread

Play nice and have fun...
up148

Re: Car Thread

Postby up148 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:33 am

I thought we've had this technology for decades. I was told and read that people who got DUI's or continued to get DUI's, had a device installed in their cars that made them blow into a machine connected to the ignition. If the alcohol percent is too high then no starting the car.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:01 pm

up148 wrote:I thought we've had this technology for decades. I was told and read that people who got DUI's or continued to get DUI's, had a device installed in their cars that made them blow into a machine connected to the ignition. If the alcohol percent is too high then no starting the car.

Yes, that's the old tech; there's new tech that apparently does not require blowing into anything; something in the IR that's detectable and can be monitored through exiting electronics related to motion detection, etc.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:52 pm

Ford Eluminator crate motor is already sold out
People must really like the idea of that electric F-100

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/11/08/for ... -sold-out/

First reported by Ford Authority and Motor Trend, and then confirmed to us by a Ford PR representative, the Eluminator electric crate motor has sold out. The representative told us the same thing conveyed to Motor Trend: "Demand has exceeded expectations. We’re currently out of stock and interested customers can sign up to be notified when they are available again to order." The representative didn't say exactly where to sign up, but we would start with the Ford Performance contact web page.

It seems like the well-received electric Ford F-100 custom pickup truck shown at SEMA accelerated demand, since the motor was announced and even had a full product page months ago. It retails at $3,900 and is basically the rear motor from a Ford Mustang Mach-E GT. Output is 281 horsepower and 317 pound-feet of torque.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Are these actually being delivered now? I thought that the only e-truck actually being delivered now was from Rivian.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Are these actually being delivered now? I thought that the only e-truck actually being delivered now was from Rivian.

All that is being sold is just the electric motor as a DIY unit to convert older model cars or trucks. The picture is of an older model F100 Ford truck that has been converted

The Ford F-100 Eluminator is a DIY electric pickup
Classic truck converted to battery power
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-f-100 ... ric-pickup

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:48 pm

Interesting - $3900 for the motor; what's the cost for all the rest then?

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:47 am

I have not idea, but with the cost of storage batteries and electronics I'm sure it has to be north of $10K.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:03 am

up148 wrote:I have not idea, but with the cost of storage batteries and electronics I'm sure it has to be north of $10K.

Thanks; that was what I was thinking -- motor is just 1 part, but as you state - batteries and electronics - and that do-over of the dash and who knows what else.....got to be more $'s involved.

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:17 am

HONDO74 wrote:All that is being sold is just the electric motor as a DIY unit to convert older model cars or trucks. The picture is of an older model F100 Ford truck that has been converted

Image looks to be a late 70's model.

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:19 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:I have not idea, but with the cost of storage batteries and electronics I'm sure it has to be north of $10K.

Thanks; that was what I was thinking -- motor is just 1 part, but as you state - batteries and electronics - and that do-over of the dash and who knows what else.....got to be more $'s involved.

What it's more likely North of is anything that I can afford! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:44 am

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Soon you'll be using a horse and buggy, :wink: :wink:

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:39 am

So you spend $10,000 and a lot of work to save a little gas. And electricity isen't free.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

The Amish do it and they don't use electricity....... :wink: :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:31 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Soon you'll be using a horse and buggy, :wink: :wink:

The Amish do it and they don't use electricity....... :wink: :wink:

Hmmmm..........well..........maybe........but they do have cell phones..........and a TV that's kept in a closet........and seem better informed about goings on in the world than the rest of us.

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

The way it's going, it might be the "Shoe Leather Express" :shock:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”