Royal Enfield

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Royal Enfield

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:34 am

robert. wrote:Now 25 percent of America's garages, basements and living rooms have a nice 10 year old Harley sitting there.

That seems just a wee bit exaggerated, :wink: :wink:

If HD sold that many in the last 10 years (~30 million) they'd not be in financial trouble.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:35 am

People who wanted Harley's, hot rods, and trains are getting too old or dying out.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Based on what I've observed driving around southern Pa. over the last 18-24 months, they're not in the basement or garage anymore. Now they're at the end of the driveway with a "For Sale" sign hanging over the handle-bars.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:40 pm

healey36 wrote:Based on what I've observed driving around southern Pa. over the last 18-24 months, they're not in the basement or garage anymore. Now they're at the end of the driveway with a "For Sale" sign hanging over the handle-bars.

I've been seeing a lot of "For Sale" vehicles at the end of the driveway in PA. I'm trying to figure out who they think is going to buy any of them....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:06 pm

I looked at a few cars from those driveways. A lot of families around here have 3 cars. Seems as they are trying to cut dead weight and save money. Most that i looked at were so high priced. I would need to take out a loan. My bank will not offer a loan on any car over 3 years old sold privately. makes me think that you'll see these cars sitting for awhile.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:32 pm

robert. wrote:I looked at a few cars from those driveways. A lot of families around here have 3 cars. Seems as they are trying to cut dead weight and save money. Most that i looked at were so high priced. I would need to take out a loan. My bank will not offer a loan on any car over 3 years old sold privately. makes me think that you'll see these cars sitting for awhile.

Exactly my point! Overpriced and no market.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:39 pm

Harley-Davidson unveils its first electric bicycle
Serial 1 will be a joint venture with investors. Harley-Davidson will be a minority shareholder
https://www.ky3.com/2020/10/27/harley-d ... c-bicycle/

(CNN) – Harley-Davidson is trying to electrify its appeal to younger riders by starting an ebike brand.

The iconic motorcycle company revealed the first images of its future electric bike on Tuesday. It’s called Serial 1.

The bike will have a mid-mounted engine that kicks in when the rider turns the pedals.

Top speed will be limited to either 20 or 28 mph, due to ebike regulations.

Harley has been having a rough ride in its motorcycle branch, whose profits have declined for six years.

The company then took a heavy hit from the pandemic, even though it says that its profits rose over the past three months.

Serial 1 will be a joint venture with investors. Harley-Davidson will be a minority shareholder.

The new ebike will be on the market in the first half of next year.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:08 am

There's already a lot of push back on electric bikes and scooters related to traffic laws and safety issues. Might be another uphill swim.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:09 am

I wonder if they'll be carried by existing HD dealers, or if they'll go to bicycle outlets instead? I've been thinking about an eBike for awhile, so this is something I'd consider, but I'm not likely to pay a premium for an HD badge (which is probably Harley's primary contribution to the development and marketing).

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:39 am

Wait a minute. You got something against a $300 decal?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 am

robert. wrote:Wait a minute. You got something against a $300 decal?

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Fortunately some never grow old, stale and stodgy.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:31 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Fortunately some never grow old, stale and stodgy.

Rufus,
You talkin' about me? :roll: :roll:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Fortunately some never grow old, stale and stodgy.

Rufus,
You talkin' about me? :roll: :roll:

You aren't old!

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”