Northern weather

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Northern weather

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:19 am

Rain.........................................................................
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:25 am

Hyped up nightmare. Bomb cyclone/Nor’easter. 60 mph winds flash freezing power outages downed trees flooding and a news guy on every cornet. Just clouds now
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:56 am

robert. wrote:Hyped up nightmare. Bomb cyclone/Nor’easter. 60 mph winds flash freezing power outages downed trees flooding and a news guy on every cornet. Just clouds now

"....on every cornet."? So they're trumpeting? We're both close to the 95 corridor and the forecast along there is rain, rain, and rain.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:27 am

I have a conspiracy theory on this one. Last night Jim Gardner retired after 46 years of being head anchor for 6abc. All the other stations needed a bigger story to push. When they should have gone black for his last half hour . They went with a hyper storm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:39 am

Well, we're 7 degrees right now with WC of -16, which is cold for us, especially this early in winter. Got a dusting of snow that is blowing all over the place and looks great. But, even the dusting is packing into ice in many places so it will be bumper car action all day......these people either drive to slow in bad weather or worse yet, too fast. You might think you have the world by the tail with 4 wheel drive, but everyone has 4 wheel brakes and when hit your brakes on one of the slick spots and your sliding. Always a handful of people who think they know better.

We went out to do our last minute grocery run at 7:00 AM and streets mostly deserted, but coming back an hour later the fools were in full force. :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:10 am

up148 wrote:......these people either drive to slow in bad weather or worse yet, too fast. You might think you have the world by the tail with 4 wheel drive, but everyone has 4 wheel brakes and when hit your brakes on one of the slick spots and your sliding. Always a handful of people who think they know better.

Exactly why I prepare for ice and snow whether or not it's hype (not often around here...).

It's the real nutters you have to watch out for - that guy in the Vette that thinks speed is the answer to all questions......in snow.

We went out to do our last minute grocery run at 7:00 AM and streets mostly deserted, but coming back an hour later the fools were in full force.

I went out Tues. Grocery store was empty. In/out and home. Hit the library and picked up a poke of books. Good to next year.

riogrande491

Postby riogrande491 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:29 am

-17 this morning...
Bob
A&O Historical Society

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:02 am

riogrande491 wrote:-17 this morning...

Just saw that Denver dropped 37 degrees in an hour.....

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:43 am

In like a lion! At 11:30 last night, it was 37 degrees with rain. At 7:00 this morning, it is 6 degrees and snow heading for a forecasted high of 2 degrees by 2:00PM. Most of the extreme wind has died down to about 5 to 10mph, and there's still enough wind and snow to create white out. School closings and treacherous everywhere. Hello WINTER! :wink:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:06 am

Pitt was 12 degrees and philly 51 when i got up.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:09 am

Rain is on/off, but the wind has arrived; gust shook the house really good.

Thinking of getting a double load of wood in soon - we'll probably lose power.....

Was in the low 40's when I posted this - 2 hrs later and it's 28 and more wind.....

MartyE

Postby MartyE » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:38 pm

robert. wrote:Pitt was 12 degrees and philly 51 when i got up.

I got up early to walk the pup here in Western PA before the weather got could. At 4am we had drizzle and 40 degrees, at almost exactly 5 am the wind started and within 10 minutes it was snowing and blowing. We got back to the house at 5:10 and it's been down hill every since. Had to take dow some Christmas decoration due to the wind and now it's -1. Can't walk the pup because of the could and salt. We're staying in and putzing around the house. Lots of strange noises coming from the house that went from outside of 40 to 10 within hours. The wind has been relentless.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:24 pm

At noon it was 28; now it's 18.

Lighting off the fireplace once it gets dark.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:54 pm

14 degrees here with lots of wind.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:56 pm

27° now and headed to 10° tonight. Very little wind and still have power at the moment.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”