Northern weather

Play nice and have fun...
healey36

Re: Northern weather

Postby healey36 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:14 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:Tomorrow's high should be 63° and Friday night's low should be 63°! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Sweet! We'll be mowing' grass in two weeks...

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pm

healey36 wrote:
J. S. Bach wrote:Tomorrow's high should be 63° and Friday night's low should be 63°! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Come on by; you can push my mower about... I need the entertainment, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:27 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
healey36 wrote:

Come on by; you can push my mower about... I need the entertainment, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometime I'll get you to explain the chemistry of why the immediate spot my dog pees, the grass is dead, but six inches in every direction it's a foot high.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:38 pm

healey36 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
healey36 wrote:Sweet! We'll be mowing' grass in two weeks...

Sometime I'll get you to explain the chemistry of why the immediate spot my dog pees, the grass is dead, but six inches in every direction it's a foot high.

Concentration/extraction effect. Walk the dog over to the neighbor you like the least.........
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:43 pm

Chopping up furniture for the fire today...cold and damp is misery.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:50 pm

healey36 wrote:Chopping up furniture for the fire today...cold and damp is misery.

I brought some wood in for fire tonight - rains have been on/off all day and decidedly colder today as well.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:36 pm

Currently 87° right now, the high was 88° with a low of 60° tonight.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:53 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:Currently 87° right now, the high was 88° with a low of 60° tonight.

Looks like you might be getting a wee bit of weather in 2 days.......maybe invest in water-wings.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:14 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
healey36 wrote:Chopping up furniture for the fire today...cold and damp is misery.

I brought some wood in for fire tonight - rains have been on/off all day and decidedly colder today as well.

Got up early and closed the damper. Another chilly damp day today...hope the wife doesn't notice the coffee table is missing.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:24 am

healey36 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Got up early and closed the damper. Another chilly damp day today...hope the wife doesn't notice the coffee table is missing.

Still raining here...........40 bags of mulch getting delivered today. Image

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:27 am

Why not have it delivered by the yard?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:11 pm

Forty bags...criminy. I don't mulch much, especially near the white-vinyl-sided house. I have had more than one encounter with Artillery Fungus (Sphaerobolus stellatus) which leaves black spots all over the side of the house. It seems particularly heinous in places where mulch is anywhere in proximity. Even siding-cleaner mixed liberally with bleach and applied with a scrub-brush has a tough time removing it. This, combined with every feral cat in the neighborhood finding a mulch-filled plant bed the equivalent of a fresh litterbox, nope, not doing much of that anymore.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:28 pm

robert. wrote:Why not have it delivered by the yard?

Right.....a big pile of steaming wet mulch in my driveway in the rain that I have to scoop shovel into the wheelbarrow to get all around the gardens surrounding the house. That seems like so much fun! Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, 45+ years ago I did that for a job....and not going back there.

Far easier to have bags that I can transport at my discretion in the wheelbarrow w/o having gotten mulch all over the place w/o it being soaking wet.

very feral cat in the neighborhood

Between the coyotes and foxes, those have pretty much all disappeared. Raccoons are about though and were living in the wood pile at one time.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:11 pm

Why do you think the bags will be dry?
That artillery fungus sucks.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:21 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Between the coyotes and foxes, those have pretty much all disappeared. Raccoons are about though and were living in the wood pile at one time.

I have foxes, but they only seem to kill the squirrels (which is fine). The coyotes have rarely ventured this close into town, but I expect the fox are here because the coyotes have pushed them out of their long-standing habitat.

No raccoons in the wood-pile here, just the occasional snake.
Last edited by healey36 on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”