Northern weather

Play nice and have fun...
E7

Re: Northern weather

Postby E7 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:07 am

robert. wrote:that sounds like a winner. Andes has changed. they went smaller. So small it it difficult to remove the foil. Taste different also. I don't think the mint to chocolate ratio is the same

Give people enough time and they will screw up anything that is any good!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:39 am

Might have gotten 2" before it turned to rain; but it was cold enough that that's all ice now; ice pond out back, and the driveway you can skate on.....

But not going anywhere, so no worries. If it warms up a little, might go out back to refill the firewood boxes, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:36 am

changed back to snow here. Should be a nice icy mess in an hour or two.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:22 am

And we just spotted our neighborhood fox out in the driveway; can see lots of tracks in the snow/ice.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:23 am

Hit a patch where the wood in the box must be three seasons old; it burns fast, almost too fast. I've some bits from a large yew I took down a few months ago, so I cut that to length and threw that in...seemed to slow the combustion down a bit. That, together with the cast iron fire-back, will nearly run you out of the room.

Wind is picking up again here, so I shoveled out the drive and put the Christmas tree out for the city to pick up before the temps drop again. Feels like winter's upon us now.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 am

healey36 wrote:Hit a patch where the wood in the box must be three seasons old; it burns fast, almost too fast.

I hit the 2nd stack for wood on Sat.; aged a year and then split, and aged another year under a tarp. Good red oak -- burnt maybe a little fast but a good fire with a little poplar in the mix.

Wind is picking up again here, so I shoveled out the drive.....

Might look into that or at least give it some thought.........maybe, :wink: :wink:

Feels like winter's upon us now.

Next weekend looks long range to be also "interesting", and cold.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:53 pm

How would you like to drive this across Pa.? A super load 234 feet long. Should be fun in the snow.
https://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2 ... 0-mph.html

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:57 pm

robert. wrote:How would you like to drive this across Pa.? A super load 234 feet long. Should be fun in the snow.
https://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2 ... 0-mph.html

At 30 mph the whole way, seems like the hardest part would be staying awake.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:30 am

US East Coast hunkers down as 'bombogenesis' snowstorm hits
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60177979

'bombogenesis'.... Must be serious, Haven't heard that name before. :wink: could be "historic". :wink:

The US East Coast is hunkering down as a major blizzard hits the region for the first time in four years.

The storm is forecast to stretch from the Carolinas to Maine, packing hurricane-force winds in coastal parts. Five states have declared emergencies.

Mayor Michelle Wu of Boston, a city that is no stranger to snowfall, said the storm could be "historic".

Chicago trains drive over flaming tracks
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-60170962

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Bombogenesis - likely more hyperbole from the American Dairy Producers and the American Bakers Association, possibly even the Charmin people. To be fair, if one was within a few miles of the Atlantic coast, then he or she likely got crushed. We (central Maryland) got little more than a glancing blow; 1-1/2 inches that cleaned up with a broom. All my mates that moved to the Delaware beach towns for the flat terrain and the moderate weather, yeah, they're hurting, lol.

I'll likely regret poking at this...it's only late January.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:14 pm

We got 5 or 6. I'm about 15 miles west of the Delaware river. It snowed from 7 am Friday through 12:00 pm Saturday. real fine flakes fell for over 24 hours. It snowed and snowed and snowed some more. Sure not as deep as you would think it should be. I'll tell you one thing. " in all of my 53 years. I cant ever remember it being this cold and snowing".it was 12 degrees @ 7:am and snowing. Even the kid gave up after a few sled runs. I ran the tractor around the shop for a few passes. After about a half hour i gave up on that. they say "45 degrees in a couple days" I'll let it melt. If it don't melt I'm in some deep dog do.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:47 am

Sunny and 73 today but you pay and pay and pay to live in this God forsaken Communist state.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:53 am

Got one O scale, about 1/4 inch. My Buddy down in Ocean City, MD. 14 inches! Usually vice versa. Still cold as a witches tit, but supposed to warm up a bit in a couple days.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:18 am

Friday is shaping up to be an interesting day. Ice Ice baby.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:39 am

Especially if it rains for the preceding 18-24 hours, preventing the crews from salting/brining the roads. We had one of those freezing fogs yesterday morning; nearly took a tumble walking across the driveway early in the morning.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”