Northern weather

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Northern weather

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:08 pm

Nice enough day here cleaning up and everything settling down back to the usual level of sub-normal.

Weather is good enough to be painting outside and to be rebuilding an old home-made belt sander that my grandfather made better than 40 years ago. I'll give it to my son and let him pass it down the line someday.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:38 am

Almanac says we're in for one of the coldest winters in 'years.' Should you trust it?
https://news.yahoo.com/almanac-says-wer ... 36971.html

Jay Cannon, USA TODAY
Wed, September 1, 2021, 9:22 AM

Jay Cannon, USA TODAY
Wed, September 1, 2021, 9:22 AM

We're in for a chilly winter. At least, that's what is being predicted in this year's "Old Farmer's Almanac."

The newest edition of the 230-year-old series projects the 2021-22 winter as a particularly cold one, dubbing it the "season of shivers." The almanac's editor, Janice Stillman, says it could even be "one of the longest and coldest that we’ve seen in years."

The almanac, which has often stirred up debate about its accuracy, suggests this winter will deal an icy combo of above-average snowfall and below-average temperatures in the New England area, as well as parts of the Appalachian region, the Ohio Valley and the northern part of the Deep South. Interestingly enough, it predicts a colder and snowier-than-usual winter for southern New Mexico, as well.

Much of the western U.S., an area already besieged by drought, should expect more dryness, the almanac projects. Nearly all of California, currently battling the raging Caldor Fire near Lake Tahoe, is pegged for a mild and dry winter, along with most of Arizona and parts of western Washington and Oregon.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:19 am

HONDO74 wrote:We're in for a chilly winter. At least, that's what is being predicted in this year's "Old Farmer's Almanac."

Get your wood in and under cover now, boys!
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:55 am

Anything under 65 is nearly unbearable and over 75 is a scorcher! :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:57 am

E7 wrote:Anything under 65 is nearly unbearable and over 75 is a scorcher!

The mantra of the generations that grew up never absent from A/C, central air/heating, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

The mantra of the generations that grew up never absent from A/C, central air/heating, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never had it to date, just a couple lousy window units! Back when I had the house built, I was TOUGH, didn't need air. Little did I know I would grow up to be a Wuss! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:28 am

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Never had it to date, just a couple lousy window units! Back when I had the house built, I was TOUGH, didn't need air. Little did I know I would grow up to be a Wuss! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Completely understand -- did not have A/C until I went to grad school; never looked back. Never had it at the house in PA - got a window unit and now we all wonder why we never did that decades ago.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:26 am

Did we just turn the corner on summer into fall ?

Woke up this morning and it was 50 degrees outside

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:10 am

HONDO74 wrote:Did we just turn the corner on summer into fall ?

Was it light when you woke up? :wink: :wink:

Mid-70's here and raining...........and more tomorrow. Flash flood warnings to the west of here....

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:05 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Did we just turn the corner on summer into fall ?

Was it light when you woke up? :wink: :wink:

Mid-70's here and raining...........and more tomorrow. Flash flood warnings to the west of here....

5am when I woke up and looked at the temp Not light yet... I am usually up by at least 6am.

We got the rain around 12am Tuesday morning until noon. You are getting it now. 62Degrees presently

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:14 pm

The Autumnal Equinox.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:05 am

Might have to swim for it here in central Maryland...a bit more than four inches of rain in the gauge this AM and it's still coming down. Fortunate to be up on a ridge.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:26 am

We hit 52 this morning in the OKC area, which is pretty unusual, but nice. Rest of the week will be low in the 60's, which is more typical and highs in the 80's. Nice to be done with the high 90's.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:23 am

Amen.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:52 am

healey36 wrote:Might have to swim for it here in central Maryland...a bit more than four inches of rain in the gauge this AM and it's still coming down. Fortunate to be up on a ridge.

Sun finally came out here but trees down, roads flooded, cattle raped, and women stampeded....

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”