Seen in Print

Play nice and have fun...
healey36

Re: Seen in Print

Postby healey36 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Hmmm...that's hilarious Rufus...my kid comes home from college and she gives me hell if there's no lebanon bologna in the fridge as well...what's up with that?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:52 pm

healey36 wrote:Hmmm...that's hilarious Rufus...my kid comes home from college and she gives me hell if there's no lebanon bologna in the fridge as well...what's up with that?

I don't know. Maybe is a genetic thing??

But if that would be the limit to the drama when she's home, I'd be a lot happier.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:53 pm

webenda wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:We've all had dealings with this sort of machine,

Yes, too many times. At work I was a regular at asking the vending machine company for my money back, until one day...

I pressed the coin return and hit the jackpot--a bit over $8 in change. Since they had been refunding my money for years I paid them back by not asking for a refund from bad machines for several years.

Eminently fair and equitable, :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:58 pm

webenda wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:We've all had dealings with this sort of machine,

Yes, too many times. At work I was a regular at asking the vending machine company for my money back, until one day...

I pressed the coin return and hit the jackpot--a bit over $8 in change. Since they had been refunding my money for years I paid them back by not asking for a refund from bad machines for several years.

I had something similar to that happen to me, a few years back, while staying at a Lancaster, PA motel. A variety machine kept my money and would release no food no matter how many times I worked the Refund lever. I tried depositing another dollar's worth of coins and before selecting an item, hit the refund lever again. ALL the money that must have been in the machine came dumping out, taking several seconds, most of which I caught, picking up the rest. Bonanza! Then, I thought, "This isn't mine," so I went to the frontdesk, with a bag full of the cash, and told them what happened. They suggested I personally tell the vending machine man, who was staying that night in the same motel, what had happened and what i had collected. I told the desk to give him my room number. Later that night, he came to the room door, apparently expecting a complaint, but I handed him all the cash. He told me how grateful he was because the missing money would have had to come from his pocket, which is why I relate the story to you here. I have concluded, from that experience, that any missing funds are deducted from the vending machine attendant, so I felt real good about not keeping any of it. He seemed stunned.
Murph
P.S. I did deduct my $2

AFTP375

Postby AFTP375 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:?????? Ham is ham.Chicken is not ham.Ham is not chicken flavored.

Sort of like that abomination that my wife pushes as me - turkey bacon............and then turkey ham and then turkey pepperoni on the pizza......

Be grateful for the small wifely bumps in life...
one day, my, now ex, wife asked me "where are you going to live".
I'd take a turkey-burger over that question, any day.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:29 am

Really?

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Is that a banana?

I didn't know they grew in the U.S.

No wait,that is a long yellow thing. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:00 am

Safeway's banana farm is in Ecuador.
Attachments
Because.jpg
Because.jpg (88.7 KiB) Viewed 10771 times
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:57 am

Sounds like someone was having a bad day, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:06 am

Or maybe a good one.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 am

rogruth wrote:Or maybe a good one.

I guess it might all be a matter of perspective, :wink:

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:33 am

rogruth wrote:Is that a banana?
I didn't know they grew in the U.S.

They do, or rather, can; although not in commercial quantities. I had a banana tree in my back yard for a while. A friend gave me one (or a small group) and said that it would be at least eighteen months before they would yield. In the banana-producing areas, it takes far less time due to much better growing conditions. I did get one very small "harvest" but I never really properly took care of them (not enough watering for one) and they died off.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:39 pm

I did not think bananas could grow in your climate Rufus, so I looked it up. Banana is not a tree, it is the world's largest herb. They are not all tropical--the Japanese Fiber Banana (Musa Basjoo) is cold hardy to -20 degrees Fahrenheit (-28 degrees Celsius). In cold climates it will freeze and appear to die, but come back from the rhizome when the temperature rises above 40 °F.

Hmmm... I wonder if it would survive 130 °F and 10% humidity here in Tucson? It would have to be in a pot because there is no way to maintain the acid soil it requires in the alkali desert we have here.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:49 pm

They actually will grow here in VA, but as you state, it's not optimal. We had them when I was a child in Tampa.

I do however have some cacti from Brazil that absolutely thrive during the summer humidity of area, but then do come in for the winter.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:10 am

Sugar free sugar!

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”