Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Commonly attributed to Ben Franklin out of Poor Richard's, but......

So, many here have an appreciation of the brewed beverage.

What do we drink?

I've got a case of one that I have been a bit partial to on the past:

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:38 pm

What? Nobody drinks beer anymore?

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm surprised you have any of that crap left after staining your deck with it! :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Mitch wrote:I'm surprised you have any of that crap left after staining your deck with it! :lol:

Well, the crap that they sell you with beer on the label that you can see through doesn't repel water.

Get a good breakfast stout ~12% alcohol to start your day off right instead of that swill that you have to cool to just above freezing so you can't taste how bad it is, :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Dirt

Postby The Dirt » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Rufus, I knew I'd seen that brand before!

Apparently this stuff is good for other uses than staining your deck, and suffices as a lubricant for antique engines!

Hev will tell you where this one was! 8)

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, yes, it is a multi-functional libation for both man and machine that those of us who can claim both PA Germanic and Scot descent can enjoy....although I do pass by very quickly on the local variant of haggis. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Pittsburgh Brewing Co. is bringing back Duquesne Pilsner, brewing it at the old Latrobe facility where Rolling Rock was brewed. A quality pilsner with 3 expensive hops, it will be slightly yellow in color. Duquesne beer disappeared somewhere in the 70's or early '80's. Now if someone could just bring back Schmidts' of Philadelphia. I don't know who bought out the Joseph Schmidt Brewing Co.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

2railjon

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 am

I don't know who bought out the Joseph Schmidt Brewing Co.

Whoever caused Schmidt's to vanish did the world a favor!!!!!! That stuff was on par with Iron City Beer!!!!! Yuck!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Running that red block Charlie.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:22 am

Troegs in Harrisburg PA makes some very good brews -- Troegenator Double Bock and the JavaHead Stout are excellent, :wink:

http://www.troegs.com/

Just watch out for this stuff, particularly if it's on tap, :wink: It's in the water, you know....

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:45 pm

2n3railjon wrote:
I don't know who bought out the Joseph Schmidt Brewing Co.

Whoever caused Schmidt's to vanish did the world a favor!!!!!! That stuff was on par with Iron City Beer!!!!! Yuck!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Jon, how could you?! Schmidt's is the beer I learned to vomit on when I was 15. And I'm an Iron City drinker, though only by bottle, never by can! You cut me to the quick! :lol:

CCrider

Postby CCrider » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 am

i agree and so is.......................
CC-CUSTOMS
all train models.etc,etc

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 pm

You can't go wrong with a Farmhouse Ale, :lol:

Fred Brenek

Postby Fred Brenek » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:56 am

Whoever caused Schmidt's to vanish did the world a favor!!!!!! That stuff was on par with Iron City Beer!!!!! Yuck!!!!!!

Keep in mind that Philadelphia had Christian Schmidt's Brewing. There was another brewery with the name Schmidt. The Jacob Schmidt Brewing Company was located in St. Paul Minnesota. Christian Schmidt of Philadelphia used the word (Schmidt's) on its labels and advertising and the Jacob Schmidt Brewing Company of St. Paul Minnesota used (Schmidt). The Philadelphia Schmidt's sold its brands to G. Heileman Brewing Company of La Crosse, Wisconsin, in April 1987.

Now, you want to talk skunk piss: Mickey's and Straub come to mind. :roll:

A good cheap beer that actually tastes like beer is Extra Gold lager by Coors. Far less expensive and better flavor than regular Coors or Coors Light.

Fred

choochin3

Postby choochin3 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 am

I like to enjoy a nice Belgian white ale,or almost any German beer.
Franziskaner,and Spaten are two that come to mind.
And English ales partial to my liking.
And a lil bit of what CC is having. :wink:

Carl T.
I'm Out choochin!

bluelinec4

Postby bluelinec4 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 am

A 110 proof beer, the world’s strongest, was launched Thursday by a British firm selling the tipple for $762 a bottle.

The blond Belgian ale, named The End of History, is an astonishing 55 percent alcohol by volume (ABV) and is presented in a case made from stuffed animals, including stoats and squirrels.

Made by BrewDog, based in Scotland, the beer is infused with fresh juniper berries and nettles from the Scottish Highlands and was developed using an extreme freezing technique.

Hundreds of pints of beer were used during the process, which was repeated dozens of times to produce just enough for a 330 milliliter bottle -- hence the record breaking cost.

James Watt, the company's co-founder, said: "This is the beer to end all beers."

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”