Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:49 am

This one will sit you down....17.1%

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:56 am

Almost a barley wine.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:46 am

robert. wrote:Almost a barley wine.

It was a very strong stout......that we nursed along over a day. Even shared, just too potent.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:05 am

On this day in history, Jan. 16, 1919, Prohibition is ratified, banning booze in the United States
Progressive effort to enforce top-down social reform expanded federal law enforcement and criminal activity

The 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, a progressive effort to enforce social reform via expanded federal power and popularly known as Prohibition, was ratified on this day in history, Jan. 16, 1919.

"The manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors within, the importation thereof into, or the exportation thereof from the United States and all the territory subject to the jurisdiction thereof for beverage purposes is hereby prohibited," the amendment states.

Prohibition remains unique among the 27 amendments It is the only amendment that limited the rights of U.S citizens rather than restrict the powers of government, as was originally intended by the Bill of Rights.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:06 pm

What's behind Canada's drastic new alcohol guidance
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64311705

In Canada, it should be Dry January all year round, according to new national recommendations that say zero alcohol is the only risk-free approach.

If you must drink at all, two drinks maximum each week is deemed low-risk by the government-backed guidance.

The advice is a steep drop from the previous recommendation, published in 2011.

Those guidelines allowed a maximum of 10 drinks a week for women and 15 drinks for men.

The new report, funded by Health Canada, also suggested mandatory warning labels for all alcoholic beverages.

"The main message from this new guidance is that any amount of alcohol is not good for your health," said Erin Hobin, a senior scientist with Public Health Ontario and a member of the expert panel that developed the guidelines. "And if you drink, less is better."

The nearly 90-page report, from the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction (CCSA), details a variety of health risks associated with what was previously considered low alcohol consumption.

According to the CCSA, any more than two standard drinks - each the equivalent of a 12-ounce (341ml; 0.6 pints) serving of 5% alcohol beer or a five-ounce (142ml; 0.26 pints) glass of 12% alcohol wine - brings an increase in negative outcomes, including breast and colon cancer.

It may be a rude awakening for the roughly 80% of Canadian adults who drink.

"The new guidance is maybe a bit shocking," Dr Hobin said. "I think it's very new information for the public that at three standard drinks per week, the risk for head and neck cancers increases by 15%, and further increases with every additional drink."

"Three standard drinks per week to most Canadians wouldn't be considered a large amount of alcohol," she added.

Canadian experts say the drastic change in guidance - from nearly two drinks per day to two per week - is the result of better research over time.

"The data across the board is improving in terms of how and what we're measuring," said Jacob Shelley, a professor of health and law at Western University.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:10 pm

HONDO74 wrote:According to the CCSA, any more than two standard drinks - each the equivalent of a 12-ounce (341ml; 0.6 pints) serving of 5% alcohol beer or a five-ounce (142ml; 0.26 pints) glass of 12% alcohol wine - brings an increase in negative outcomes, including breast and colon cancer.

That's beer and wine, but what about everything else?

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:50 pm

So what's next?
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:45 pm

DAMN! ANOTHER THREAD BEING RUINED BY POLITICS!!!!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:40 am

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:41 pm

I didn’t find that one to be exceptional for the KBS series.
You? I did here next month they’re releasing a KBS chocolate cherry stout. Don’t know all the details yet but it sounds good.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:05 pm

gregj410 wrote:I didn’t find that one to be exceptional for the KBS series.

It probably was not the best of choices - you have to really like hazelnut (tends to be a bit bitter by itself...) and that works well if you have coffee or chocolate in the mix, and they didn't.

You? I did here next month they’re releasing a KBS chocolate cherry stout. Don’t know all the details yet but it sounds good.

That does seem worth trying. I still have a bit of gingerbread stout to drink, :mrgreen:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:50 pm

I like hazelnut. I will have to see if I can find some of that now that the market is carrying Founders

I drank all of the Founders Dirty B a s t a r d and the Porter and a local one called Three Blind Mice that I bought a month ago.

Did not care for the Porter but I do like the other two. :)

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:29 pm

Pretty tasty at 11.5% from the Burlington Beer Co.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:16 pm

Not bad. A little to the bitter side where I’d prefer it more to the cherry side.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:45 pm

Ever think you would be saying " prefer my beer to be more on the cherry side" ?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”