Electric cars

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: Electric cars

Postby robert. » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:26 pm

8 billion people, deforestation, loss of farmland do to over urbanization, and over use of fossil fuels. Throw in a little horrible treatment of our aqua system. Malthus claimed " disease, famine, war and calamity. Which one does not fit into the last 2 years? :shock: :shock: :roll:
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:12 am

Mercedes-Benz releasing 'Acceleration Increase' subscription fee for electric vehicles
The $1,200 a year subscription allows Mercedes-Benz electric vehicles to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph one second faster
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ ... c-vehicles

Mercedes-Benz is releasing a new "Acceleration Increase" feature for its electric vehicles that costs $1,200 a year for drivers to "unleash enhanced performance" of their cars.

The subscription will allow the Mercedes-EQ EQE and Mercedes-EQ EQS to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph .8 to 1.0 seconds faster through "fine tuning of the electric motors," according to the German automaker.

Once the feature is unlocked for the yearly $1,200 fee, the car's maximum motor output will increase by 20 to 24%.

The subscription is coming soon in the U.S. A spokesperson for Mercedes-Benz did not respond to questions on Sunday about the timetable for its release

Car companies have been trending toward releasing subscriptions for new features on their vehicles. Earlier this year, BMW started rolling out heated seats that cost roughly $15 a month in the United Kingdom and other countries.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:07 am

HONDO74 wrote:........subscriptions for new features on their vehicles.

Something they picked up from the software companies.....pay and pay again, and again, and again....until they stop supporting the software....and you have to start over.......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:54 am

Heated seats are standard equipment on many of the higher end vehicles from most American manufacturers, and available as one of the options on a package deal in lower cost vehicles. Benz is just doing the typical European "gouge the consumer for everything" deal. Kinda like our electric, telephone, and natural gas companies here in America. Line fees, transmission fees, meter reading fees, etc. Just look at your bills to see all the additional charges over the basic kilowatt hours or per thousand cubic feet on your gas bill. Also take a look at the individual taxes on each of those charges.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:12 am

Mitch wrote:Heated seats are standard equipment on many of the higher end vehicles from most American manufacturers, and available as one of the options on a package deal in lower cost vehicles.

Every car I've owned for the past 23 years has had heated seats; all standard equipment.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:13 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Mitch wrote:Heated seats are standard equipment on many of the higher end vehicles from most American manufacturers, and available as one of the options on a package deal in lower cost vehicles.

Every car I've owned for the past 23 years has had heated seats; all standard equipment.

We’ve become a country of candy asses . On second thought candy would melt.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:17 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

We’ve become a country of candy asses . On second thought candy would melt.

I've found those heated seats to be very useful for a long ride after a hard day's work or 3.
I find that with them I can actually get out of the car w/o falling after my back stiffens up tight.
W/o them, I end up in the driveway on my hands & knees.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Get out of that damned Subaru and get an AWD Chrysler 300! :lol: :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

RBH29

Postby RBH29 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:15 am

Although I rarely use them, I agree that heated seats can be useful on really cold days. However, the first time I used one it felt like I wet my pants.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:01 am

RBH29 wrote:Although I rarely use them, I agree that heated seats can be useful on really cold days. However, the first time I used one it felt like I wet my pants.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:10 am

Mitch wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Get out of that damned Subaru and get an AWD Chrysler 300! :lol: :lol:

Already replaced the Subaru; why would I want a POS Chrysler product? We gave up on US cars 30+ years ago when they all fell apart over and over and over.......

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:18 am

Will hydrogen-powered pickup and SUV give electric vehicles a run for the money.... :?:

Toyota unveils hydrogen-powered pickup and SUV
Toyota thinks hydrogen could be an alternative to battery power
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/toyota-hyd ... pickup-suv

The Japanese automaker sees a bright future for the fuel as an alternative to battery power in the future zero emissions automotive world and is developing vehicles with it on several fronts.

Along with the fuel cell-powered semi trucks it is currently testing in California, it also offers the Mirai in the state, which is the only one with anything resembling a public refueling network.

A fuel cell combines stored hydrogen with atmospheric oxygen to generate electricity through a chemical reaction. The system is lighter and can be refueled much quicker than a battery pack.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:06 am

Probably a great idea. With a solar panel and a bucket of water you can make your own hydrogen. Almost free fuel.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:12 am

Used 2020 Chevrolet Bolt's cost about the same as a new Honda Civic.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:18 am

HONDO74 wrote:Will hydrogen-powered pickup and SUV give electric vehicles a run for the money....

Something of an infrastructure supply issue - you're not going to be refueling these in your driveway.

I can see this as a trucking fuel alternative.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”