Favorite TV shows, series, or programs? Or, TV you've hated:

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Favorite TV shows, series, or programs? Or, TV you've hated:

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:58 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Wow, that's an interesting update, sir.
So, if a market has had its single-use plastic bags banned by now , and it now won't let folks bring into the store their own cloth bags, what is to be done - folks carry every item , like canned foods, out loose in their arms?!!!??? :shock: :? Or shall we tie-up/knot the ankles of a pair of old sweatpants and slide the groceries into the legs?! :mrgreen:

Let's not dissolve into hysterics -- nothing and nobody stated that they cannot use the store supplied paper bags.

I prefer getting those since I can use them to put out the recycling! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Roy

Postby Roy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:28 pm

HONDO74 wrote:...some Starbucks was not letting people bring in their own cups. Back to single use cups.

What happened to Dixie cups, coffee cups and straws made of waxed paper? At least, they biodegraded.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:31 pm

Roy wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:...some Starbucks was not letting people bring in their own cups. Back to single use cups.

What happened to Dixie cups, coffee cups and straws made of waxed paper? At least, they biodegraded.

The cups are still readily available - I buy them by the bag at Costco.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

chuck

Postby chuck » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:09 pm

Some of the McDonalds have gone back to wax paper straws, I never liked the plastic ones anyway.

Re the shopping bags. California has required you to either buy the disposable bags at 10 cents a shot or bring your own bags with you for quite a while. If you forgot (which I did about 50% of the time) you can put the groceries back in the cart after you check out and then put them in your trunk (or into the bags I forgot to bring into the store that were in the trunk). As long as you had a receipt they couldn't stop you.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 pm

chuck wrote:Some of the McDonalds have gone back to wax paper straws, I never liked the plastic ones anyway.

Re the shopping bags. California has required you to either buy the disposable bags at 10 cents a shot or bring your own bags with you for quite a while. If you forgot (which I did about 50% of the time) you can put the groceries back in the cart after you check out and then put them in your trunk (or into the bags I forgot to bring into the store that were in the trunk). As long as you had a receipt they couldn't stop you.

I still have some good cardboard boxes with handles in the ends for groceries. Used to keep those in the back of the car....need to put them back now and remember about them.

Roy

Postby Roy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:30 pm

chuck wrote:Some of the McDonalds have gone back to wax paper straws, I never liked the plastic ones anyway.

Good, about the paper straws.

I keep Walmart reusable cloth shopping bags in the back seat, where I put my groceries. I don't actually load the bags, until I'm back in my garage. I keep the empty bags on a closet doorknob, right next to my front door. That way, I never forget them.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Such a good-sense reply, Chuck. Thank You.
Murph

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:53 pm

I just saw "Slumdog Millionaire" for the third time since it came out eleven years ago. It is still a great delight .

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:46 am

Caught part of an episode of Vagrant Queen on SF last night; looked interesting. Might have to go back and stream it from episode #1.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:47 am

Been watching "The Repair Shop" on Netflix, a neat little program from the UK where craft-people restore/repair various sentimental items brought in by folks.

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:19 pm

ME-TV runs The Invaders midnight Saturdays(early Sunday morning). I tried watching it as a kid, but it's really not written for kids. It's been a treat.

HAPA has been running Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner Saturdays at 8 p.m. However, they have tended to run the same episodes, over and over. There's only seventeen episodes in the whole series, so there's no excuse for this.

chuck

Postby chuck » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Prisoner is available on Amazon Prime.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:58 pm

chuck wrote:Prisoner is available on Amazon Prime.

Thanks, Chuck. I should probably just buy it, on DVD or Blu-Ray. The series seems pretty well preserved. ME-TVs The Invaders episodes look and sound much worse. Both shows were made around the same time.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Roy wrote:ME-TV runs The Invaders midnight Saturdays(early Sunday morning). I tried watching it as a kid, but it's really not written for kids. It's been a treat.

HAPA has been running Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner Saturdays at 8 p.m. However, they have tended to run the same episodes, over and over. There's only seventeen episodes in the whole series, so there's no excuse for this.

Would this be one of the episodes. :?:

THE INVADERS: "THE MUTATION" Suzanne Pleshette Guest Stars. 1-24-1967.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HStZUgKcB0

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:42 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Would this be one of the episodes. :?:

THE INVADERS: "THE MUTATION" Suzanne Pleshette Guest Stars. 1-24-1967.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HStZUgKcB0

That linked video wouldn't run on my rig, but yes. That particular episode ran on ME-TV recently.

It's fun to see all the old guest stars, and the contemporaneous cars. Beyond that, one episode featured a Cord!

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”