Midwestern Model Works Redux

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7

Re: Midwestern Model Works Redux

Postby E7 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:30 pm

I'd be curious to know if his avid supporters are quite as vocal now, and when did the first payments go in, which would signal the actual start of the project, and thus the duration of the project. Kohs has maintained archives of ALL his information MMW does not. (at least online)

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:51 pm

E7 wrote:I'd be curious to know if his avid supporters are quite as vocal now, and when did the first payments go in, which would signal the actual start of the project, and thus the duration of the project. Kohs has maintained archives of ALL his information MMW does not. (at least online)

When did the first payments go in and what is the price for this maybe to be built someday loco?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:37 pm

rogruth wrote:
E7 wrote:I'd be curious to know if his avid supporters are quite as vocal now, and when did the first payments go in, which would signal the actual start of the project, and thus the duration of the project. Kohs has maintained archives of ALL his information MMW does not. (at least online)

When did the first payments go in and what is the price for this maybe to be built someday loco?

Take note of my question. Price information has been removed, and I'm NOT a reservation holder, so I can't give you a number.

A WAG might be $2800-3000 There are standard and premium versions.

Suggest you go to: http://midwesternmodelworks.com/ and snoop around

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 pm

I don't recall when this first got cranked up Roger, I want to say around 2016? Anyone? and beaucoup bucks too (like as I recall way over what most fine scale projects require for a single diesel (non-steam) even some Kohs efforts) I do recall seeing the pilot model at the Chicago meet last year, very nice albeit not without some issues, as has been pointed out, but yeah nice.
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:57 pm

Pete, There were posts that dated back to 2011 in MMW's "General News" (since removed) and they were not the earliest. Things have been going on for quite a while. As I mentioned above, not sure when the reservation process started.

I have zero interest in 2nd gen diesels so I haven't paid a lot of attention. Couldn't afford the prices even if I did! $600 for a bethgon!

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:17 pm

De Bruin wrote:I don't recall when this first got cranked up Roger, I want to say around 2016? Anyone?

I did some digging on OGR. This one is about the SD45:

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... 6101958205

The year of the post is 2012, and the guy is talking about reserving SD45's which were the first project.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:14 pm

E7 wrote:
De Bruin wrote:I don't recall when this first got cranked up Roger, I want to say around 2016? Anyone?

I did some digging on OGR. This one is about the SD45:

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... 6101958205

The year of the post is 2012, and the guy is talking about reserving SD45's which were the first project.

Those posts on OGR made it sound like all was ready to go in a month. I know nothing about the processes involved with making anything
like this and understand that other countries may be/are involved but isn't eight years a rather long time for this?
roger

I support thread drift.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:41 pm

7 or 8 years of promises and deposits and more deposits and nothing?
I'd be calling a lawyer about now, just to get my ducks in a row.

Of course, the stuff I would be interested in went OUT of production 50-70 years ago.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:10 pm

rogruth wrote:Those posts on OGR made it sound like all was ready to go in a month. I know nothing about the processes involved with making anything like this and understand that other countries may be/are involved but isn't eight years a rather long time for this?

The other countries (these days) are Korea and China. Which country depends on the builder.

You tell me what you would be willing to order and wait 8 years for?

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:47 pm

E7 wrote:
rogruth wrote:Those posts on OGR made it sound like all was ready to go in a month. I know nothing about the processes involved with making anything like this and understand that other countries may be/are involved but isn't eight years a rather long time for this?

The other countries (these days) are Korea and China. Which country depends on the builder.

You tell me what you would be willing to order and wait 8 years for?

Oh lets see. Something I paid @ $100.00 to order and in 8 years I would get $1,000,000 sent to me.
I've had that day dream most of my life and I'm not expecting it to happen. :roll: :roll:
I have never bought a lottery ticket either. :)

This loco is not something I would buy. Who is behind its someday production?
The OGR post reads like it is someone well known that has/had a good reputation in O scale.
roger

I support thread drift.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:55 pm

The Greek put $500 into Apple stock a while back. Care to guess what happened to that?

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:07 pm

bob turner wrote:The Greek put $500 into Apple stock a while back. Care to guess what happened to that?

IZZAT WHAT KILLED JOBS?!!!

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:14 pm

E7 wrote:
bob turner wrote:The Greek put $500 into Apple stock a while back. Care to guess what happened to that?

When it was possible to put that amount of money in Apple it wasn't possible for me to do so. :(
roger

I support thread drift.

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:44 am

E7 wrote:Pete, There were posts that dated back to 2011 in MMW's "General News" (since removed) and they were not the earliest. Things have been going on for quite a while. As I mentioned above, not sure when the reservation process started.

Wow, it has been awhile. Thanks Rich. I do have a vague memory now where-in they polled the forum members then about their preferences for new diesel models etc. and then arrived or concluded that it would be either an SD-40 or SD-45 (same frame.) Not everyone was happy either, and many thought it odd to because Atlas did not get a lot of reservations for their SD-40. (ahem still waiting for my two from them as well.....ok not anymore)
At least that stuck in my memory because they dangled out the prospect of including the SDP-45, a model for which I seriously lust for.having a fascination with passenger hood units.
Yeah, think so and then I saw what they prices were going to be forgot all about it.
WOW!
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:42 am

I'm old enough to remember seeing steam, so pretty much anything past a GP9 is in my so what file. That's not to say it shouldn't be made, only that I won't be the one buying it.

What got me intrigued from the get go was the guy over on OGR proclaiming "best diesel ever" with nothing tangible to support that idea. Then came the stuff like the "Heritage" demonstrators, of which there are 20 (I think). How long and How much, and it's hard to suppress a chuckle.

The natives (they with reservations) are starting to get restless (the 2 posts on OGR), so it may get interesting.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”