Covid-19 projects on the bench

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
DaveJfr0

Re: Covid-19 projects on the bench

Postby DaveJfr0 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:18 pm

bob turner wrote:Signed up. Now what?
Terms of service are extensive, but they only own layouts they provide for your "book". Reasonable. Did not see an "upload photos" button.

Because I don't want to use their own website to make these steps, let's try with just text. If you need screenshots, I'll be happy to email them to you.

One other sidenote, I use ad and popup blockers. My AdblockPlus plugin shows it blocked 76 things between logging in and walking through the steps to outline them below. Highly suggest you get one. I don't know how annoying or intrusive they are, but that's a lot of popups for clicking through maybe 5 pages worth of stuff. Ghostery (another plugin I use in tandem) shows 5 trackers - 2 ad types, 1 essential (which I unblocked), 1 site analytics, and 1 facebook tracker.

Once logged in, this is how you post an image here:

1. Login, then click My Photos in the top right.
2. You'll be brought to a screen with all your photos. I prefer to organize my photos, so we'll go with that premise. Click albums near the top left.
3. You'll now see all of your albums and then it will show if the album is shared directly to someone, the date range of the photos inside, and the number of photos in each album. Create a new album,if needed, or click into an album.
4. Click add photos. Then click my computer and click choose photos (or choose folders) and browse your computer for photos you wish to upload. Looks like your photos can only be in JPEG format to upload, so convert them if you need to.
5. As you add photos, they'll appear at the bottom. Click add in bottom right when done.
6. Newest photos are at the bottom (or possibly uploaded with the date of the photo of when it was taken, I haven't tested it.) Hover over the photo you wish to upload and click the magnifying glass with a +.
7. You will then see just hte photo with a bunch of metadata on the right-hand side. Right-click the photo and choose copy image address.
8. Then come here and click the Img button in the post and paste the image address in between the tags.
9. When done with your post, click the Submit button. :wink:

Focus: 2R O-Scale, SOU/SCL 1967-1972
Blog: http://davejfr0.blogspot.com/

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:58 pm

Thank you. Straightforward except for the jpeg part. I will give it a try.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:29 pm

bob turner wrote:Thank you. Straightforward except for the jpeg part. I will give it a try.

Default file type off my camera; if not from your, open the photo in Paint, Save As, and choose jpg, Save.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:51 am

Nice photos Dave.3rd Rail has some very nice models. Personally I don't like the back slanted of the upper headlight on the EMD noses and up until a decade ago, few imported models had it. I know it's correct as I had a huge discussion with Roger Lewis after I received my KEY 2013 order of E-9's, but I still didn't like it and it's not very noticeable unless you look for it.

The bulldog nose is classic, but whether the nose upper headlight slants aft is immaterial too me and I consider myself a "rivet counter".

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:53 am

You make some beautiful cars Rufus. Clean, straight and neat. Nice.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 am

up148 wrote:You make some beautiful cars Rufus. Clean, straight and neat. Nice.

Thank you very much :!:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:05 am

Ends built and inserted; connecting tie rods all around top to bottom inserted.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:25 am

Slope sheets installed with supports, etc. Fun getting everything beveled and matching...

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:15 pm

More patience and skill than I have.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:01 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:More patience and skill than I have.

Thanks; much to my surprise it was easier than I thought it was going to be installing the slopes. Looking back, I should have made 4 more of these, :?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:16 am

Lots of progress!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:37 am

Hatches done.....

Off to the paint shop weather permitting........

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 am

Both painted and done -- off to the next car!

img]https://photos.smugmug.com/MoW-Cars/Unlettered-Cars/Drop-Bottom-Gons/i-k8CJN6c/0/48f7e4ce/L/Hopper%202b%20rs-L.jpg[/img]

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:21 pm

Rufus, beautiful!

Dan Weinhold

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Thanks, Dan! These were fun to build.

I have an eye on an A-frame side door hopper/gon for a project in the near future.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”