Seen in Print

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: Seen in Print

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 am

Thank you, Robert and Chuck, for that additional part to the information. I will search for that particular spray next time (Springtime) I am visiting Cortland, NY.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:13 am

chuck wrote:Nothing else about NJ makes sense so I'm not surprised. It does seem odd that there are two other states that they won't even ship to (Massachusetts and Wisconsin) and two that they won't ship to a PO box (Alaska and Hawaii).

Maybe you can only buy it as a gift for someone out of state (except Mass. and Wisconsin) or you can buy it but only use out of state (except in Mass. and Wisconsin).

Maybe I'll ask my pastor to look for it next time he is on Staten Island. I just now sent the Wikipedia link to him, as he is given to daily walks alone.
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

chuck

Postby chuck » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:13 am

On another note, literally, you could use sound. Some outdoor speakers and then blast the opening from Sousa's Star and Stripes. Unless they are extremely patriotic bears that should send them (and just about anything else on four legs) scrambling for the woods.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:17 am

chuck wrote: Unless they are extremely patriotic bears that should send them (and just about anything else on four legs) scrambling for the woods.

If so, they will growl out the pledge to allegiance before they eat you! :mrgreen:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 am

chuck wrote:On another note, literally, you could use sound. Some outdoor speakers and then blast the opening from Sousa's Star and Stripes. Unless they are extremely patriotic bears that should send them (and just about anything else on four legs) scrambling for the woods.

Yes, but then my neighbors might start a movement to have me committed, perhaps even being joined by my wife, should I take that suggestion seriously, Chuck. :wink: :lol:

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:18 am

Since you can't outrun a bear, why not just run at it??? It's either gonna get scared off or eat you for a quick end to the ordeal (hope the bear likes the taste of what's running down my pants leg :lol: )
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:05 am

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:Since you can't outrun a bear, why not just run at it??? It's either gonna get scared off or eat you for a quick end to the ordeal (hope the bear likes the taste of what's running down my pants leg :lol: )

Oh, it would be a full, industrial-sized and strength load in my pants, that's for sure. Now that you mention it, maybe that would be more of a deterrent than any spray. :mrgreen: (I'll try to take iPhone photos, on the way out [or would that be "in"?] ) :roll: :? :shock: :(

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I was a bit dubious about such sprays and had my hopes mostly in the bat, but this information straightens that odd notion out, once and for all.

You're welcome.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 pm

:D

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:43 pm

:shock:

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:11 pm

heard that a lot when my chillun were young
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:13 pm

rex desilets wrote:heard that a lot when my chillun were young

And I hear it from senior citizens, too - it's a symmetry function, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:Since you can't outrun a bear, why not just run at it??? It's either gonna get scared off or eat you for a quick end to the ordeal (hope the bear likes the taste of what's running down my pants leg :lol: )

I think that would be most unwise. You need to convince the bear that you are only slightly less in the mood for a confrontation, but are willing to walk away if the bear is. A quick movement towards the bear, or any wild animal, would almost assuredly be perceived as aggressive/provocative. Apex predator's tend to take their reputations serious in the woody hood.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Tom Dempsey wrote:

I think that would be most unwise. You need to convince the bear that you are only slightly less in the mood for a confrontation, but are willing to walk away if the bear is. A quick movement towards the bear, or any wild animal, would almost assuredly be perceived as aggressive/provocative. Apex predator's tend to take their reputations serious in the woody hood.

I have the feeling we have just read wisdom, gleaned from experience. Thank you!

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”