All O Harrisburg Show - April 1, 2023

Use this forum to post your links to resources that may be of use to O-gauge enthusiasts, and be sure to visit our O-Gauge & Model Train Resources feature on the right side of our home page.
Rufus T. Firefly

All O Harrisburg Show - April 1, 2023

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:40 am

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

J. S. Bach

Re: All O Harrisburg Show - April 1, 2023

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:08 pm

Too close (in time frame) to Strasburg for me to be able to make it. :(

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:19 am

J. S. Bach wrote:Too close (in time frame) to Strasburg for me to be able to make it. :(

Unfortunately it seems that the 2 shows are locked into their venues for the foreseeable future, but yes, separating them a bit might help both. The Harrisburg show does tend to attract a different segment of the hobby that is buying structure kits (vendors attend!), and detail parts for everything which tends not to be what is on tables in Strasburg.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:41 pm

I gave up on kits as I no longer have the manual dexterity to assemble them. An Athearn HO "blue box" kit would stretch my capability! :(

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:43 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:I gave up on kits as I no longer have the manual dexterity to assemble them. An Athearn HO "blue box" kit would stretch my capability! :(

Well, the Harrisburg show attracts the kit-builders. Strasburg, and there I struggle to sell kits. I'll have some built up structures along for the ride with the hopes of their finding new homes and opening up space on the shelves. Got to have some space to toss up the next couple of projects up on!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 am

Under 2 weeks - anyone going?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:37 am

Good show despite whatever concerns there may have been regarding weather.

Good nearly full table space and good attendance - sales could have been better, but nothing new in that thought.

Best food at a train show!!!! No question about it. Worth attending to get breakfast and lunch.

Return to “O-Gauge Resources”