Belated Seasons Greetings to Joe Frank!

All City Subway Models & Elevated Lines
E7

Re: Belated Seasons Greetings to Joe Frank!

Postby E7 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:51 am

Joe, Glad to hear things are going well. I've had some health issues of my own, but things have come around and I'm on the mend. Hope you have a wonderful holidays! Rich

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:59 pm

I came here for one purpose. To find one name and select as "foe".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mod ... 4554360714

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Kinda obvious the domain didn't bother to check the mail for a check? He really decided to shut this site down? You talked to the nephew? You actually found a site listing it for sale?

You know who you are. Go post a correction. TOO LATE! The morons....oops....moderators locked it!
And it's just a link. Their dozens of lawyers will have fun with that.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:07 am

Hello Scale Craft (Dave?)

When I and others clicked on the MTJ site here Jan 2nd, we all saw a GO DADDY DOMAIN page which had MODEL TRAIN JOURNAL name just below the Go Daddy Line Logo - and a notice below that stating : THIS DOMAIN HAS EXPIRED -- DOMAIN IS PARKED -- DOMAIN FOR SALE.

I should have screen captured that page then so you could have seen that here now . I was kind of surprised and disappointed at seeing displayed, that kind of "ending" for MTJ. I was a friend of the late owner, Bill Lango, since the beginning of MTJ in 2004 when I joined - and I was among the first MTJ members to join when MTJ was started by Bill. . I spoke to Bill at his New Jersey home many times thru the years and met him at some train shows up our way.

Regardless, I am very happy now to see MTJ is in fact, NOW back up. !!!

Your posted "find a foe" comments directed obviously to me here are totally unwarranted, uncalled for, and sort of crass. But perhaps you didn't know the background as I wrote above. If not, then I forgive you. I have no contact with any of Bill's family -- the only contact I had was directly with Bill (Lango) before he passed away !

As far as your "payment check was in the mail " comment -- well - it should have been sent out (or payment presented) long before the end of service "due date" but then again, with the service of the USPS mail system -- well, heh - we know about that.

There is nothing I posted re: MTJ at OGR Subway Forum that diminished this MTJ site -- I solely did that posting to alert any of our MTJ members who are also at OGR about this unfortunate incident, in event they were then not aware ! No other way to alert them. Others told me they saw the same "GO DADDY DOMAIN" page notice that I saw also.

I also went to " isitdownrightnow.com " website to check MTJ's internet status - and the official answer presented was that the "Model Train Journal Site Domain was closed" -- (usually it states "server is down for all of us" like happens at times when SUB CHAT server goes dark.)

Yes, I was dismayed that OGR's Alan Arnold "closed" the thread from future message posting. But that is not to be totally unexpected. Dave, I would gladly like to post an MTJ corrective update at OGR -- but do you think that is wise for me to do after what they did to my thread (closing it?) - which, again, did dismay me !

Anyway - as those know know me here since 2004 at MTJ and on forums elsewhere, my intentions were sincere.

best regards - Joe F

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:41 am

Joseph Frank1 wrote:Yes, I was dismayed that OGR's Alan Arnold "closed" the thread from future message posting. But that is not to be totally unexpected. Dave, I would gladly like to post an MTJ corrective update at OGR -- but do you think that is wise for me to do after what they did to my thread (closing it?) - which, again, did dismay me !

Anyway - as those know know me here since 2004 at MTJ and on forums elsewhere, my intentions were sincere.

best regards - Joe F

Joe, From my personal experience with OGR, it is pretty much their choice to ONLY promote OGR and not acknowledge other net entities such as MTJ. I think they would fare better with a more congenial attitude, but their choice is their choice!

Rich

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:04 am

Joseph Frank1 wrote:Yes, I was dismayed that OGR's Alan Arnold "closed" the thread from future message posting. But that is not to be totally unexpected. Dave, I would gladly like to post an MTJ corrective update at OGR -- but do you think that is wise for me to do after what they did to my thread (closing it?) - which, again, did dismay me !

You would be wasting your time and most probably the recipient of a hateful scathing email from OGR. Best to just walk away and not to lower yourself to their level.

Yes, any noting of MTJ there has long been a target of hate.

Joe, From my personal experience with OGR, it is pretty much their choice to ONLY promote OGR and not acknowledge other net entities such as MTJ. I think they would fare better with a more congenial attitude, but their choice is their choice!

There are no others; there is only OGR is their mantra. Their fantasy land lacks the capacity for congeniality.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:22 pm

I think we have all come to terms that. Once a year this place will be on hold for a day or two. If i remember right it has happened for the last three years now. People get busy. they forget things that are not their pet project. It'll happen again in the coming year. We should feel lucky that someone foots the bill for us to piss and moan. As for the OGR brass they can tale a flying leap with a reciprocating pastry. :twisted:
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Return to “Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines”