Some of my Newest Photos on the O Scale NY EL

All City Subway Models & Elevated Lines
Joseph Frank1

Some of my Newest Photos on the O Scale NY EL

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:18 pm

Hello ALL ---

I have been very busy the past many months working on quite many new O Scale street cars, a few MU pre-war commuter cars and and quite a number of NY subway car body projects to finish up to completion. I will post photos of them at a soon later time.

Being the MTJ Forum attachments-ADD limits are in effect, preventing photos from computer uploads, I will post the link to another forum with this article and its photo on it for you to see

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/som ... cale-ny-el

For now, here are some of my New York Central RR pre-war Commuter MU cars I created back in 1987- seen along with a NYCRR S- Class Motor Electric Loco. Also a few photos of my scratcbuilt back in 1989, New Haven RR Box Cab Electric Loco with new motor installed, finally running now again , after being a "dead motor" for about 10 years! And 2 transit car shots at the end - and IRT EL "MUDC" Car with a new IRT R-17 Car

Regards - Joe F - (IRTELMAN)

healey36

Re: Some of my Newest Photos on the O Scale NY EL

Postby healey36 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:54 am

Nice photos and work, Joe. Is the S-motor a scratch-built or something that's commercially available?

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Hello healey 36

Its a LIONEL S Class Loco from a 2005 production NY Central S-Motor Loco. It was loaned to me by a neighbor pal loco owner for some minor detail repairs to be made. He got it somewhat discounted due to same - on EBAY -- It runs great and has all the sounds, etc. The NHRR Box Cab is my Loco that I built.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Hmmm, I do not remember seeing the S motor the last time that I was there as I would have asked him to let me examine it to see if it could be two-railed fairly easily.I can see it now, the S passing the Flying Yankee on the El. :roll:

Return to “Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines”