From the Firefly Shops.........

All City Subway Models & Elevated Lines
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: From the Firefly Shops.........

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:57 am

A LWS kit MP-54...........from many years ago -- truly tortuous.........

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

mickeydee

Postby mickeydee » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:02 am

Wonderful models Rufus and Joseph. I like Rufus' work because it's unusual, beautifully executed (that MOW wagon with the winch and cable drum looks like the real thing) and he doesn't fudge the delicate spidery looking pieces such as truss rods and brake rigging, thats the real give away of highly skilled workmanship.

I'm itching to have a go myself, perhaps a pre-grouping passenger carriage from the days when they were still built with a certain flourish in terms of finish, moldings, panelling and such. However its not likely to happen any time soon unless I get my shop out from under the accumulated crap of the past three years. I haven't even seen my layout for two! Wonder if it has survived?

This section of the Forum definitely has some of the most fascinating examples of unusual rolling stock and an historical flavour to it thats intriguing not (forgive me) boring like the usual endless parade of boxy diesels and look alike reefers and box cars.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:22 am

Thanks, Mike!

Here's a little work car that I made a few years back........

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:23 am

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:02 pm

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:53 am

Setting out at the elevator in Lemasters.........

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:28 am

Sprinkler car...........

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:48 pm

This is joyous Rufus. :D
Not only do we get to see your traction cars, but bits Image of your layout too.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks you, Wayne.

BTW, the arms on the sprinkler car do swivel, :wink:

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:27 pm

Peta and Osha would have a field day with your sprinkler car. Of course you could always say " The dog made me do it"
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:42 pm

robert. wrote:Peta and Osha would have a field day with your sprinkler car. Of course you could always say " The dog made me do it"

Could not care less re PETA. OSHA.........another good reason to model an era 100 years ago.........

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Maybe this is not allowed and if not, removing it will not make me mad. Sjnce Rufus won't say it, I will.

If you want to see more of the stuff Rufus does check O Scale Trains magazine where he is an Associate Editor
and check OSTs Forum where he also has some duties.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Hello again "Rufus" --

PS: I note that BILL (MTJ owner-Webmaster) used the exact "string of words" for the name I suggested for this forum's "updated name change". I think the new forum name covers its all now -- and more adequately !

I am really enjoying your past 3 days of your posted O-Scale work car traction models --- you are a prolific scratch-builder and I really enjoy the extreme detailing your models depict. ALL of these are truly craftsman-built beautiful traction work cars !

These work cars all have an individuality and charm in themselves (the prototypes as well as the scale models), Its a treat to also see small diorama-type sections of your layout surrounding the various traction cars you are showing. The sprinkler car is a very unique looking model (screw OSHA, heh) and I like the touch with the employee "master"s dog reclining aboard !

Modeling like your should promote motivation for others to try their hand at such modeling !

regards ! - Joe F
Last edited by Joseph Frank1 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Hello Roger

I have promoted MTJ Forums on some other (but not on OGR) forum sites -- including my own NYCTMG Forum, and on my websites for the layout.

I don't think (MTJ Owner) Bill would mind mentioning other forums - where that forum showcases relevant items, models, subject matter in parallel with the topic and discussion on an MTJ Forum. As long as it isn't in the bashing, flaming type of discussion. I present, share, my modeling efforts here at MTJ, as well as OGH and OGR Subway-Transit Forums, and on a few Traction forums.

Unfortunately, a lot of my photo - filled threads from two or more years ago on this MTJ Subways, etc., forum were deleted about a year ago along with server upgrades and "clean up purging" of the dormant threads on all the other forums here.

regards - Joe F

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Joe,

I also had many photos of my layout go away in that last purge.

What I meant about the mentioning of MTJ on other forums was only in respect to saying that it exists.
I made that mistake on OGR and CCT and it was immediately removed and I received a rather caustic
e-mail from one of them. The other just deleted it. In both cases it was an answer to someone who
had asked about something that I knew had been answered on MTJ and that it worked. This was some
time ago and I have never tried again.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Return to “Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines”