Labelle kit Question(s)

All City Subway Models & Elevated Lines
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Labelle kit Question(s)

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Jim K wrote:Howdy, I am looking for the part that holds the truss rods down below the floor. Are these queens posts? I think Current Line may have them. I am waiting on some other parts from them at present and want to make sure things go well before I mail in another order. Never could get through using email. The roof rounding went about as well as I expected. It was a learning process.

Thanks,

Jim K

There are 2 beams that run across the underbody - needle beams - located towards the center portion of the underbody

On each needle beam there are queen posts that the truss rods rest on.

What are you using for truss rods? Also, you usually need some turnbuckles on those truss rods

You can get entire needle beam & queen post castings from PSC and also Q-Car.

I did not know that you could get anything from Current Line - not sure anyone has for several years.
If my body were a car, I would trade it in for a new model. Every time I cough, sneeze or sputter, my radiator leaks and my exhaust backfires.

Jim K

Postby Jim K » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:18 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:There are 2 beams that run across the underbody - needle beams - located towards the center portion of the underbody

What are you using for truss rods? Also, you usually need some turnbuckles on those truss rods

I did not know that you could get anything from Current Line - not sure anyone has for several years.

Okay, I will try Q-Car or maybe Labelle. I'm not familiar with PSC. I did speak with Ed Miller at Current Line. He was having trouble with his e-mail but he did send me an old Wagner parts list. I ended up mailing him a check. I always like mailing things to Joliet! :D I will report back if something arrives.

Thank you,

Jim K

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:25 am

Jim K wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:There are 2 beams that run across the underbody - needle beams - located towards the center portion of the underbody

Okay, I will try Q-Car or maybe Labelle. I'm not familiar with PSC. I did speak with Ed Miller at Current Line. He was having trouble with his e-mail but he did send me an old Wagner parts list. I ended up mailing him a check. I always like mailing things to Joliet! :D I will report back if something arrives.

PSC -- Precision Scale; I see their traction parts about here & there.... and use what I can, where I can if I don't want to make my own stuff.

Let me know if you get anything out of Ed.
If my body were a car, I would trade it in for a new model. Every time I cough, sneeze or sputter, my radiator leaks and my exhaust backfires.

Return to “Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines”