New Subforum

Please post your tech support questions here.
E7

New Subforum

Postby E7 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:30 pm

What's the chance of getting a new Sub-froum dedicated to "Doorstops"? ALL of it gets posted on the "2 Rail" forum now and it tends to drown out the 2 rail stuff. A lot of the Doorstop stuff is NOT even 2 rail.

Thanks!

J. S. Bach

Re: New Subforum

Postby J. S. Bach » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:22 pm

I like it the way it is now.

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:36 am

J. S. Bach wrote:I like it the way it is now.

Explain why having a dedicated "Doorstop" sub-forum would be a detraction.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Seems to me that it would take a lot of reorganizing to make that work.
I know you guys know I am a 3r person BUT I read everything on MTJ.
I don't always comment and I usually learn something.
I'll read it however you do it. :D
Last edited by rogruth on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:18 am

E7 wrote:.................and it tends to drown out the 2 rail stuff.

What 2 rail stuff? There's very little "regular" 2 rail stuff that's actual modeling posted at all any more.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

What 2 rail stuff? There's very little "regular" 2 rail stuff that's actual modeling posted at all any more.

I could be wrong, but I am guessing any person that is interested in that "regular" 2 rail stuff sees all the doorstop content, and quickly moves on. Whatever the case, what would be wrong with giving the doorstop stuff a home of it's own? The outside 3rd rail is NOT even 2 rail.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 am

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I could be wrong, but I am guessing any person that is interested in that "regular" 2 rail stuff sees all the doorstop content, and quickly moves on. Whatever the case, what would be wrong with giving the doorstop stuff a home of it's own? The outside 3rd rail is NOT even 2 rail.

Sadly you might be correct that people that are interested in that "regular" 2 rail stuff quickly move on.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:09 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Sadly you might be correct that people that are interested in that "regular" 2 rail stuff quickly move on.

Now I'm lost. Regular 2 rail stuff, door stop stuff? What is the difference? Some doorstop is outside 3 R?
roger

I support thread drift.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:24 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:

Now I'm lost. Regular 2 rail stuff, door stop stuff? What is the difference? Some doorstop is outside 3 R?

When was the last time you saw a model in that forum from the last 30 years and/or anything that anyone had actually built within the same time frame? Precious few times and fewer participants....

Discussing models that pre-date me is the focus there now. Yes, early O scale models were outside 3rd rail powered.

riogrande491

Postby riogrande491 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 am

In my case I can relate to what Rufus and E7 are saying. There's more to it, though.

It just doesn't feel like there is much interest in broader 2R topics in the 2R forum. So for the most part I do move on and post elsewhere—unless there's something related to 2R drive systems. Then I enjoy reading what Jay and others have to share as there is so much to learn.

Just my $0.02. I'm not upset, just agreeing in part with what has already been said.
Bob
A&O Historical Society

MYmoo

Postby MYmoo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 am

'Thread Drift' is enough to keep me interested in ALL of the forums on MTJ.
Add the fact that it is 'permitted'.
-----
Unplug When Done.
-----
Peace,

MYron R. MOOre

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:19 am

If there were separate forums for 2 Rail and Doorstops, anything posted (presuming it is done in the CORRECT forum) would stand out and maybe entice others to participate. As it is now, the doorstop stuff overwhelms most other stuff.

Like sh*t, thread drift will happen.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:00 am

E7 wrote:..........(presuming it is done in the CORRECT forum)...........

There will be consequences...........

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm

riogrande491 wrote:In my case I can relate to what Rufus and E7 are saying. There's more to it, though.

It just doesn't feel like there is much interest in broader 2R topics in the 2R forum. So for the most part I do move on and post elsewhere—unless there's something related to 2R drive systems. Then I enjoy reading what Jay and others have to share as there is so much to learn.

Just my $0.02. I'm not upset, just agreeing in part with what has already been said.

I assume you don't think posting what you refer to as "broader 2R topics" would draw enough interest here?
If some like you would post would that attract others?
If not, my guess is what is wanted already exists.
roger

I support thread drift.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:23 pm

riogrande491 wrote:In my case I can relate to what Rufus and E7 are saying. There's more to it, though.

And that is why the Doorstop stuff needs it's own space!

Return to “Forum Support”