TRAINZ.COM

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
HONDO74

TRAINZ.COM

Postby HONDO74 » Wed May 10, 2023 12:12 pm

I know that some people have said they had problems with items they bought from TRAINZ. But I never have and that goes back 15 to 20 years. I stopped doing anything for several years and now I am playing with the trains and buying more of them and many are from TrainZ.

I never realized how massive an operation it is. I thought it was just a small time hobby shop.

I ran across this Video. Thought some might like to see it.
TRAINZ.COM - Behind the Scenes!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37WlxIpK5_E

healey36

Re: TRAINZ.COM

Postby healey36 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:00 pm

Thanks for posting the link; I didn't realize how big of an operation Trainz is either. It's somewhat sobering to see that there's that much turnover in stuff for this hobby. Seems like it's that way for all of my hobbies :lol:

I've bought a dozen or so things from Trainz over the years, and I've not had any problems with shipping/damage, but I know others have. It might be that the stuff I bought was all pre- and postwar toys, which are somewhat more durable with less bits than the scale stuff. Doesn't excuse poor packing, though, especially on the higher fidelity gear.

"...now I am playing with the trains and buying more of them..."; I'm glad to hear it. A lot of collectors, but the number of operators seems to be declining. It's nice to have someone to commiserate with :D

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed May 10, 2023 6:22 pm

Oh no! Not this guy again. :lol: If you close your eyes and listen you’d swear it was Mike Huckabee talking :lol:
I must say I had no idea how large their operation is. Given the people I know in the hobby and it’s not many. I’m not surprised the amount of trains that are in some ones closet that have never seen the rails. Lots of collections out there to be discovered usually when the husband dies.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu May 11, 2023 6:59 pm

gregj410 wrote:I’m not surprised the amount of trains that are in some ones closet that have never seen the rails. Lots of collections out there to be discovered usually when the husband dies.

2 weeks ago I being told about a collection that was never out the boxes that was being measured in cubic yards. He bought at least 1 of everything and stored it all.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

jlong

Postby jlong » Thu May 11, 2023 8:41 pm

I have dealt with them occasionally for 15 years. They are OK for modern era stuff. MPC/Fundimensions/LTI especially. For pre and postwar, they deal mostly in junk and are clueless to it all. Junk is all they can get their lowballing hands on. Their service department is a joke to say the least.
John Long

One nation under Josh with ozone an magnetraction for all

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”