Ogr account disabled

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
J. S. Bach

Re: Ogr account disabled

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon May 02, 2022 7:54 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:British Columbia Rail?

Battery Capacitor R? to replace the rechargeable batteries in MTH stuff.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon May 02, 2022 7:57 pm

What's MTH stuff?
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

G3750

Postby G3750 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:37 pm

gregj410 wrote:
Now, the public can attend but they only have access to the vendor halls (Orange & Purple).

Did you go in the purple hall? 3 layouts! I didn’t even get up the steps and turned back around. One of those guys lives 10 minutes from me and I didn’t have any interest in the other two.

There was a sign outside the purple hall with a list of vendors that were now in the Orange hall, yet there were huge swaths of real estate available in the Orange hall. The Brown hall is gone and the Purple hall is pretty well toast. How long before the whole show is on the Orange hall?
And this guy can’t understand why it sucked? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt but I don’t see it getting better.

Yeah, I thought the Eastern Division erred in sticking those 3 operating layouts in the middle of that huge empty space of the Purple Hall. They would have done better to put them in the Black Hall, which is their traditional venue. The Brown Hall has been gone for awhile now.

On a positive note, Micro-Mark was a new vendor. They had not previously attended, to my knowledge. And my friends who sell in the Silver Hall said they did a brisk business. Business in the member halls seemed healthy, which is good.

I do think the Fall show will rebound. I think the manufacturers (Lionel) will come back and larger vendors such as Charles Ro will reappear.

But yeah, April was a bit bleak.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:59 pm

George,
Was the guy that use to be in the purple hall that more recently got moved to the orange hall to the upper left near trainworld Micro mark or is he a different vendor?

G3750

Postby G3750 » Tue May 03, 2022 8:42 am

gregj410 wrote:George,
Was the guy that use to be in the purple hall that more recently got moved to the orange hall to the upper left near trainworld Micro mark or is he a different vendor?

You mean the tool guy? He's been there for awhile.

I'm fairly certain I've never seen Micro-Mark at York before this last show. They were located near the center of the hall.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Tue May 03, 2022 9:42 am

TTOS Cal Stewart never was anywhere as big as York but was the big show here is now down to their regular monthly meet.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:58 am

v8vega wrote:TTOS Cal Stewart never was anywhere as big as York but was the big show here is now down to their regular monthly meet.

I joined TCA western division in 1977, Then joined 2 different TTOS groups, and a smaller group called MTA (Model train Association). I was going to train meets every weekend in So Calif. Never went to Cal Stewart. Never went to York And the only TCA convention that I attended was at Disneyland convention center 1979. When I joined TCA, Ward Kimble was still coming to the monthly meetings. Most of the big name collectors from the east coast were there

At the Dec Meeting it was family night with a pot luck dinner. My wife had a great time. She found out that ward had real trains and she had him corned for awhile talking about them. She said he invited us to come see them. Later she came up to me and said look what I bought. Lionel had just came out with the General engine so she bought it. That is what we ran under the Christmas tree that year

At that time when you first got there it was table sales, then the meeting and afterwards would be the auctions. :D

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:28 pm

You mean the tool guy? He's been there for awhile.

I'm fairly certain I've never seen Micro-Mark at York before this last show. They were located near the center of the hall.

Ok got it. You are right, I was thinking of the tool guy. I don’t remember seeing MM there before.

jlong

Postby jlong » Wed May 04, 2022 7:25 am

Sounds like York has gone to hell since the savior of the hobby ditched us for Florida.
John Long

One nation under Josh with ozone an magnetraction for all

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed May 04, 2022 12:08 pm

jlong wrote:Sounds like York has gone to hell since the savior of the hobby ditched us for Florida.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, you should be writing comedy! :roll:

Fall York will rebound. The dealer portion of the show was the perfect storm of the poor economy, massive inflation, the low point of the train year "cycle", and diminished vendor interest.

The member halls looked the same as any other year and sales were reported there as strong (I have friends who sell there).

As for "the savior" well...

George

—Katy Faust

bluelinec4

Postby bluelinec4 » Thu May 05, 2022 5:19 pm

That guy Harris sucks

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu May 05, 2022 10:35 pm

:lol:
bluelinec4 wrote:That guy Harris sucks

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun May 08, 2022 6:14 am

"She had the hots for Neil"

Could have fooled me :).

I miss AOL too. A few of the people I don't miss, of course. A small group of us ex-AOLers/Viking Club dinner folks Zoom once a month to chat about trains and stuff.
Neil

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun May 08, 2022 6:17 am

"the savior of the hobby ditched us for Florida."

Apparently he still has his house in Maryland, if anyone cares. It's good to be King :).
Neil

jlong

Postby jlong » Sun May 08, 2022 10:18 am

Neil wrote:"She had the hots for Neil"

Could have fooled me :).

I miss AOL too. A few of the people I don't miss, of course. A small group of us ex-AOLers/Viking Club dinner folks Zoom once a month to chat about trains and stuff.

I recall the York Sux Society.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Long

One nation under Josh with ozone an magnetraction for all

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”