Ogr account disabled

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
gregj410

Ogr account disabled

Postby gregj410 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:09 pm

I said York sucked which prompted a dust up with some guy because he felt I should have given a better explanation. If that’s all it takes good riddance

jlong

Re: Ogr account disabled

Postby jlong » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:15 pm

Well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Long

One nation under Josh with ozone an magnetraction for all

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sun May 01, 2022 8:29 am

I had to change emails. I couldn't get on my ancient aol verizon email anymore.So then I got back on trains.com and Classic Toy Trains. But I'm afraid that if I post Ott will recognize me and then I couldn't read it anymore and now find it boring

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun May 01, 2022 12:01 pm

Model Train Journal (MTJ) is the only train related forum that I am aware of where you have the freedom to speak your mind about any subject you chose.

You can't do it on the O-Gauge forum, the Model train forum, the CTT forum or OGR forum.....

jlong

Postby jlong » Sun May 01, 2022 2:35 pm

HONDO74 wrote: Model Train Journal (MTJ) is the only train related forum that I am aware of where you have the freedom to speak your mind about any subject you chose.

You can't do it on the O-Gauge forum, the Model train forum, the CTT forum or OGR forum.....

Miss the AOL days :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Long

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun May 01, 2022 3:22 pm

jlong wrote:
HONDO74 wrote: Model Train Journal (MTJ) is the only train related forum that I am aware of where you have the freedom to speak your mind about any subject you chose.

You miss TINA HOT MAIL....NAILED IT.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

jlong

Postby jlong » Sun May 01, 2022 5:10 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
jlong wrote:

You miss TINA HOT MAIL....NAILED IT.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

She had the hots for Neil :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Long

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun May 01, 2022 6:09 pm

Define suck? Wet your lips, close your eyes and open your moth. I guess they got you before you could reply. Trade shows are dying. 2019 -2021 basically stuck a fork in them for us. If fuel prices continue to climb. 2022 will be the end for most. Other problems on the horizon are tax collectors. Many trade shows were "Club based" designed for club members to trade goods tax free. Mr. tax collector now wants his share.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:25 am

robert. wrote:Define suck? Wet your lips, close your eyes and open your moth. I guess they got you before you could reply. Trade shows are dying. 2019 -2021 basically stuck a fork in them for us. If fuel prices continue to climb. 2022 will be the end for most. Other problems on the horizon are tax collectors. Many trade shows were "Club based" designed for club members to trade goods tax free. Mr. tax collector now wants his share.

I remember reading that the PA tax collectors used to show up at the YORK train show.

We haven't had any trains shows in my area for 2 years and the last train shop closed up a year ago.

Healey went to the York show. I asked him to look for some items for me and he found them. Maybe he will post some pictures

G3750

Postby G3750 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:48 am

HONDO74 wrote:
robert. wrote:Define suck? Wet your lips, close your eyes and open your moth. I guess they got you before you could reply. Trade shows are dying. 2019 -2021 basically stuck a fork in them for us. If fuel prices continue to climb. 2022 will be the end for most. Other problems on the horizon are tax collectors. Many trade shows were "Club based" designed for club members to trade goods tax free. Mr. tax collector now wants his share.

I remember reading that the PA tax collectors used to show up at the YORK train show.

We haven't had any trains shows in my area for 2 years and the last train shop closed up a year ago.

Healey went to the York show. I asked him to look for some items for me and he found them. Maybe he will post some pictures

Couple of thoughts:
  • Fuel prices have done a number on many things. Trade shows, shipping costs, jobs, small business in general. Thanks, Joe!
  • Unless something has changed, the Eastern Division solved that problem at York with the separation of commercial vendors or dealers in the Orange and Purple Halls. Those are (supposedly) commercial ventures where the purchaser pays sales tax. Most vendors simply list a price and then deduct the amount due to the state from that. The member halls are for private transactions (no tax). I suspect the ban on photography is to prevent the tax collector from salivating and wanting to violate the agreement. :lol: That's also why the public was prevented from attending the show for so long. Now, the public can attend but they only have access to the vendor halls (Orange & Purple).

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon May 02, 2022 12:07 pm

gregj410 wrote:I said York sucked which prompted a dust up with some guy because he felt I should have given a better explanation. If that’s all it takes good riddance

You can only kick the sacred cow so many times before the high priests declare you an unacceptable heretic and expel you form the temple. You do have to keep in memory that OGR is effectively a religious cult.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon May 02, 2022 12:09 pm

Now, the public can attend but they only have access to the vendor halls (Orange & Purple).

Did you go in the purple hall? 3 layouts! I didn’t even get up the steps and turned back around. One of those guys lives 10 minutes from me and I didn’t have any interest in the other two.

There was a sign outside the purple hall with a list of vendors that were now in the Orange hall, yet there were huge swaths of real estate available in the Orange hall. The Brown hall is gone and the Purple hall is pretty well toast. How long before the whole show is on the Orange hall?
And this guy can’t understand why it sucked? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt but I don’t see it getting better.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon May 02, 2022 12:11 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
gregj410 wrote:I said York sucked which prompted a dust up with some guy because he felt I should have given a better explanation. If that’s all it takes good riddance

You can only kick the sacred cow so many times before the high priests declare you an unacceptable heretic and expel you form the temple. You do have to keep in memory that OGR is effectively a religious cult.

ROTFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon May 02, 2022 6:32 pm

gregj410 wrote:I said York sucked ..snip...

A friend went up there (from Baltimore) and told the exact same thing when he called me to tell about it. All he got was a few BCRs at "the show price". I think that he will let his TCA membership lapse this year.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon May 02, 2022 6:56 pm

British Columbia Rail?
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”