Weekend Photos - 6/16/17

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
christopher2035

Weekend Photos - 6/16/17

Postby christopher2035 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:26 am

Happy Friday!!

Let's enjoy the weekend & run some trains!

Kids enjoying running some of their trains -

NS SD70ACe 1110 leading 16T through Pulaski, VA on the Pulaski District Image

NS ES44AC 8045 gets 22A moving out of the siding at Newbern after taking the hole for 134

NS SD70ACe 1149 heads through Hummelstown, PA w/ an eastbound intermodal on the Harrisburg Line

N&W 611 steams through Bedford, VA on her way to Lynchburg. I chased the train from Montvale & had about 5 seconds to compose this shot.Image

NS ES44AC 8146 leads a late running westbound 165 past the N&W signals as it heads through Wytheville, VA on the Pulaski District
Christopher

Check out my rail photography page on Facebook & give a 'like' - www.facebook.com/EasternRailsPhotography/

healey36

Re: Weekend Photos - 6/16/17

Postby healey36 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:31 am

The hillside looks outstanding, Christopher:

Is that ground foam or some other media? Looks sharp and has a good scale texture to my eye.

Didn't venture to the basement this week...got caught up on other projects. Hit the local indoor flea market Saturday and picked up this Dinky bus:

I'm a sucker for old diecast and this one was in particularly good original shape.

Healey

christopher2035

Postby christopher2035 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks! It's all ground foam. I mixed about 4-5 different types together in a shaker bottle & then used that for the hillside to give it a varied texture :)
Christopher

Check out my rail photography page on Facebook & give a 'like' - www.facebook.com/EasternRailsPhotography/

chuck

Postby chuck » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 am

It really works well. You've even got your 1:1 pictures that show the real thing . Your modeling efforts look very good in comparison.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Christopher,
Sure hope your kids don't lose their love of trains.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

christopher2035

Postby christopher2035 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:50 am

rogruth wrote:Christopher,
Sure hope your kids don't lose their love of trains.

Me too!!! They may not always be as into them as I am, but the trains will always around, so I'm sure they will bring some happy memories for them
Christopher

christopher2035

Postby christopher2035 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:51 am

chuck wrote:It really works well. You've even got your 1:1 pictures that show the real thing . Your modeling efforts look very good in comparison.

Thanks Chuck :)
Christopher

chuck

Postby chuck » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:54 am

They may not always be as into them as I am, but the trains will always around, so I'm sure they will bring some happy memories for them

That's the key. They will always remember the time they spent with you on this. They will lose interest in the trains per se but that time spent factor will ultimately bring them back to it. Not because of the trains themselves but because you thought this was:

a) important and
b) you made the effort to share the experience with them.

When the local train shop was actually local I would spend time there and I was pleasantly surprised at the number of 30 somethings stopping by and asking questions or trying to get something fixed that was their dad's or grand dad's or an uncles. Not just guys either, a lot of women. They had found an old train in a box in the basement/garage/attic and wanted to get it fixed. They would speak almost reverently of the memories of that older persons trans/layout and their interest was in getting the item restored/fixed, not in making a quick sale.

This was much more pleasant than the *hole relative showing up with a box of crap hoping to cash in on their "legendary" find that obviously must be worth a small fortune. They'd spend 20 minutes or so arguing with the owner who would patiently show them the price guide and explain that what you have is a box of junk. Total value equal to a couple of six packs of beer, not a new vette.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”