What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
G3750

Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?

Postby G3750 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:19 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
G3750 wrote:Hopefully you will find at least a little more time to spend in the hobby.

Short walk from my office to my shop, :wink: :wink:

That always helps. :D
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 am

G3750 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
G3750 wrote:Hopefully you will find at least a little more time to spend in the hobby.

Short walk from my office to my shop, :wink: :wink:

That always helps. :D

Then again, I spent a few hours out back raking leaves to get them up before the rains arrived. Something about good exercise, cardio, fresh air..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Still have a bit of pile of cottonwood to split, :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Good luck with the LLC Rufus...make sure you have a good accountant lined up. Our LLC is still dormant due to a personnel set-back but we expect it to go live next year. Looks like quite the paperwork morass. I was hoping to get out of that angle of business but here I am back up to my neck.

Okay, enough of that...back to Panhandle 2.0.

Healey

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 pm

healey36 wrote:Good luck with the LLC Rufus...make sure you have a good accountant lined up. Our LLC is still dormant due to a personnel set-back but we expect it to go live next year. Looks like quite the paperwork morass. I was hoping to get out of that angle of business but here I am back up to my neck.

My CFO with the MBA and handles our financials is probably overqualified, but we also have access to an accountant who does these sorts of things. Apparently, the paperwork is not what it was.....and I have several inquiries regarding consulting already.

Indeed! George! Get something done, will you lad!??! Make some saw dust...........
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
healey36 wrote:Good luck with the LLC Rufus...make sure you have a good accountant lined up. Our LLC is still dormant due to a personnel set-back but we expect it to go live next year. Looks like quite the paperwork morass. I was hoping to get out of that angle of business but here I am back up to my neck.

My CFO with the MBA and handles our financials is probably overqualified, but we also have access to an accountant who does these sorts of things. Apparently, the paperwork is not what it was.....and I have several inquiries regarding consulting already.

Indeed! George! Get something done, will you lad!??! Make some saw dust...........

Wait a minute! You and Healey decide to go off topic and it's my fault??? :shock:

I'm a victim of circumstance... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:00 am

G3750 wrote:Wait a minute! You and Healey decide to go off topic and it's my fault??? :shock:

I'm a victim of circumstance... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G3750

Postby G3750 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am

—Katy Faust

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 pm

George - What's the decision for the surface of the platform (benchwork)? Are you going with sheets of plywood or are you going to use some sort of "open" design? If a plywood top, what thickness did you decide to use? I used 3/4" which everyone says is way too and unnecessarily heavy. I wanted to be able to stand on it (and I'm not a little guy).

Apologies if you've covered this previously.

Healey

G3750

Postby G3750 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 pm

healey36 wrote:George - What's the decision for the surface of the platform (benchwork)? Are you going with sheets of plywood or are you going to use some sort of "open" design? If a plywood top, what thickness did you decide to use? I used 3/4" which everyone says is way too and unnecessarily heavy. I wanted to be able to stand on it (and I'm not a little guy).

Apologies if you've covered this previously.

Healey

I am using 19/32" 5-ply plywood sitting atop a framework of 2"x2"s. In the diagram below, ignore the height dimensions. Total benchwork height will be 50".

Table4.jpg
Table4.jpg (84.11 KiB) Viewed 1882 times

I will be able to stand on this benchwork.

George

—Katy Faust

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Looks good. I'd go with the longest brace component you can. This will minimize some of the side-to-side shimmy you might get using 2X2's. Roughly 5/8" plywood seems a good plan.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:09 pm

healey36 wrote: This will minimize some of the side-to-side shimmy.......

Might want to maintain a certain amount of side-to-side shimmy, :wink:

healey36

Postby healey36 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:02 pm

She can stand on my layout anytime.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 pm

healey36 wrote:She can stand on my layout anytime.

Mine too, but I'm pretty sure:
1) I wouldn't get that much done. :wink:
2) There'd be hell to pay. :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Open houses and operating sessions are going to very well attended, :mrgreen:

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Open houses and operating sessions are going to very well attended, :mrgreen:

That's one way of putting it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

—Katy Faust

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”