What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu May 25, 2017 10:24 am

G3750 wrote:OK, enough fun and games.

Here's the latest:
  • Progress was made creating the BOM (Bill Of Materials) and cost estimate for the Weirton Area Museum layout. That's been in progress for the last couple of months. It's done.

Huzzah!
  • Computers, including the wife's tablet, WiFi printers, are up and running.

Huzzah! Huzzah!
  • I made a laundry room table for my spouse. She's happy, I'm happy.

Critical success achieved!!
  • Getting some additional hardware (door locks, towel racks, and other fittings) ordered and delivered by 84 Lumber is taking forever (would help if they didn't keep messing up the order). :evil:

Yuck....
  • Appliance hunting is 75% done. :roll:

Yuck squared - hated doing that stuff and just turn the better 1/2 loose......

• Furniture hunting is 50% done. :roll:

Another item I don't do anymore and very little will ever be needed...although I do have several chairs to put new seats into this year - nice leather seat rocker being one....
  • Acquiring workshop & train room lighting is in progress. I have some sample lighting to test. We are investigating LED shop lights for the workshop and LED track lighting for the trainroom. I've been told we need to have the same color rating (Kelvin).

I like the integral LED shop lights that I have gotten from Costco - no bulbs to change and they daisy chain together. When I run out of fluorescent bulbs, LED shop lights are replacing the old fixtures!
  • The table saw received the correct plug, was tested, and works!!!!

3 cheers and a Tyger! Now you have no excuses not to be cutting wood!!!

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Well, actually there is one more excuse for not cutting wood. :x

I had some pegboard and 1"x2"s ordered and cut by Lowe's. This is for the workshop. The wood was delivered the other day and I had them put in the basement. Now that I have time to turn my attention to the wood, I discover that NONE of it was cut to specification. :roll:

These chowderheads are supposed to be saving me time, not costing it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Three steps forward, 12 steps back.
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu May 25, 2017 4:08 pm

G3750 wrote:Well, actually there is one more excuse for not cutting wood. :x

I had some pegboard and 1"x2"s ordered and cut by Lowe's. This is for the workshop. The wood was delivered the other day and I had them put in the basement. Now that I have time to turn my attention to the wood, I discover that NONE of it was cut to specification. :roll:

These chowderheads are supposed to be saving me time, not costing it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just get the uncut wood delivered and now that you have a working saw rely on yourself! :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Roy

Postby Roy » Thu May 25, 2017 6:58 pm

George, I know you moved, but I don't know how far away. Is this the same store you've always dealt with?
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:53 am

Roy wrote:George, I know you moved, but I don't know how far away. Is this the same store you've always dealt with?

Different store, similar results. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy, we moved from Central PA to Western PA just north of Pittsburgh.

And there is a good outcome to the Lowe's lumber issue. I spoke with the store manager yesterday and she personally delivered my correct order last night. :!: So I am happy about that.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

G3750

Postby G3750 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
G3750 wrote:Well, actually there is one more excuse for not cutting wood. :x

Just get the uncut wood delivered and now that you have a working saw rely on yourself! :wink: :wink:

Rufus, ordinarily this would be no big deal. But the garage is still cluttered, shelving work is in progress there, a bunch of my tools are still in boxes, and with the workshop about 10% functional, it's pretty difficult to do that. And this is not high on the boss's priority list, if you know what I mean. :cry:

George

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri May 26, 2017 11:52 am

G3750 wrote: And this is not high on the boss's priority list..........

Sadly, I do.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri May 26, 2017 1:14 pm

Most of us do. :(
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Updated 5/28/2017:

Just got done hooking up the 4000K LED shop light. I also replaced the 4 bulbs in the workshop with 3000K LED 25 degree narrow floods.

The 4000K LED shop light is the clear winner. The floods are too soft.

George

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun May 28, 2017 2:08 pm

G3750 wrote:The 4000K LED shop light is the clear winner.

Brand and model & source?

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

To clarify, it's the winner between it and the 3000K 25 degree narrow floods. The shop light came from Cardello Electric Supply and the box is marked AFX. Part number (I think) is: LWL07485000L40D1.

I fully intend to shop for a similar light at Costco, if for no other purpose than to negotiate a better price on this. This light costs $70.00. :shock:

George

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun May 28, 2017 2:35 pm

G3750 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

To clarify, it's the winner between it and the 3000K 25 degree narrow floods. The shop light came from Cardello Electric Supply and the box is marked AFX. Part number (I think) is: LWL07485000L40D1.

I fully intend to shop for a similar light at Costco, if for no other purpose than to negotiate a better price on this. This light costs $70.00. :shock:

The integral ones (no bulbs to change) from Costco were $29.99

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
G3750 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

The integral ones (no bulbs to change) from Costco were $29.99

These also have no bulbs, but I intend to check out Costco for sure. Thanks,

George

—Katy Faust

Roy

Postby Roy » Sun May 28, 2017 8:06 pm

George, you refer to 3000K and 4000K. Are you talking watts, lumens or what?
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Roy wrote:George, you refer to 3000K and 4000K. Are you talking watts, lumens or what?

http://www.westinghouselighting.com/col ... ature.aspx

George

—Katy Faust

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”