This forum

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
rogruth

This forum

Postby rogruth » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:08 pm

The 2 R forum guys used to complain about lack of action on that forum. Now have you noticed the lack of action on this 3 R forum?
The 2R guys have really been busy and they are talking about trains. Yeah, I know. We 3 R guys have all the answers. :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

J. S. Bach

Re: This forum

Postby J. S. Bach » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Funny, I did notice that.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:18 am

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:22 am

Yes, I noticed the drop-off as well.

OK, so here's something to talk about: retirement.

I'm finally retired. My wife retires on April 28. We're moving in the first week of May to our retirement home.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:25 am

G3750 wrote:Yes, I noticed the drop-off as well.

I'm finally retired. My wife retires on April 28. We're moving in the first week of May to our retirement home.

I just set a new date for mine - July 3. and, then they hire me back, :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:51 am

What if they don't hire you back?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:56 am

rogruth wrote:What if they don't hire you back?

Then I don't go back and I say bad things about them on the internet like all good citizens do.

Or, I just stay another 6 months, bump over to another year to my pension, and then retire.....

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:39 am

George

Brilliant! Been retired for nearly two years...haven't made a dent in "the list"...

A bit of advice...don't treat your hobby as your new job, i.e. head to the basement every day for 6-8 hours of layout work. You'll burn out and be miserable. Fill your time with other stuff as well. Oh, and maintain the network.

Maybe I'll see you at York.

Healey

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:17 am

healey36 wrote:

George

Brilliant! Been retired for nearly two years...haven't made a dent in "the list"...

A bit of advice...don't treat your hobby as your new job, i.e. head to the basement every day for 6-8 hours of layout work. You'll burn out and be miserable. Fill your time with other stuff as well. Oh, and maintain the network.

Maybe I'll see you at York.

Healey

Thank you for that excellent advice. There are a number of things on the immediate "retirement list", including travel, visits with close-by family members, getting the new house established (furniture and fittings acquisition), workshop planning and building (a precursor to layout building), writing some articles, planning and working on the WAMCC layout, and working on my own layout. We are also expecting a grandchild in July.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I just set a new date for mine - July 3. and, then they hire me back, :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

—Katy Faust

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:21 am

Sounds like a full, well-rounded plate. Congrats again on reaching the milestone...a lot of guys never get there.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 am

healey36 wrote:Sounds like a full, well-rounded plate. Congrats again on reaching the milestone...a lot of guys never get there.

Thank you very much. 2-3 weeks to the move and it's slower than molasses in January. :lol: :lol:

Hope to see you at York as well.

George

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:56 am

G3750 wrote:2-3 weeks to the move and it's slower than molasses in January.

And then there will come a time when everything will move at an insane pace.......and chaos will rule.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:10 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

And then there will come a time when everything will move at an insane pace.......and chaos will rule.

Yeah, but that's what I'm used to. :lol: (I'm a closet adrenaline junkie. :wink: )

Rufus, you can tell what you decided on April 22nd.

George

—Katy Faust

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:25 am

G3750 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Yeah, but that's what I'm used to. :lol: (I'm a closet adrenaline junkie. :wink: )

Rufus, you can tell what you decided on April 22nd.

I'm putting the band back together.........

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”