Weekend Photos - 3/24/17

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
christopher2035

Weekend Photos - 3/24/17

Postby christopher2035 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:50 am

Happy Friday :)

Didn't do much this week. Added some little details around the layout. Picked up a Vision Line sound reefer & one of Lionel's freight sound boxcars.
I did finish up the corner where the water tower is. I have 1 little patch of uncovered board left :) I plan on making another fence this weekend for the other side of the factory. I'm also working on creating a few sound files for the layout. Lorenzo thought it would be cool to have some farm sounds near the farm, so that got me thinking. Using my protools audio software, I've been creating sound loops of various lengths. Once I have a few created - farm, city traffic, birds, other sounds, I plan on putting them onto a spare iPod I have. I bought a pair of bluetooth computer speakers & will mount them in the tunnel, just behind the portals.

Ran some trains w/ Giovanna & Lorenzo

Broke out some postwar last weekend too. Amazing how good it looks in a Hi Rail setting

Went to Roanoke last Saturday for some railfanning. Haven't gone through all the pics yet, but here's a few. These were shot w/ my 20mm prime lens

NS Dash-8 8325 (ex CR 6069) leads a westbound grain train through Shawsville, VA

NS 22A heads westbound through Wabun, VA just after sunrise - Taken with my 20mm prime lens

Here's some other stuff I posted this week on my ERP page
A light helper set of SD70ACe units exit Welch tunnel & head back west for another shove

NS ES44DC 7542 leads empty coal train 745 through Welch, WV

CSX ES44DC 5240 leads Q675 through Waxhaw, NC on the Monroe Sub
Christopher

Check out my rail photography page on Facebook & give a 'like' - www.facebook.com/EasternRailsPhotography/

chuck

Re: Weekend Photos - 3/24/17

Postby chuck » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:55 am

Nice!! That's an outstanding layout in a relatively small area. You don't need a pole barn to have a nice layout that everyone can enjoy!
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for posting!

Looks like NS has some of the same track issues I have on my layout, I think I see a mini-"S" curve in one of those photos :wink:
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Christopher,
Postwar Lionel looks good on any style of layout. Opinion. :D :D :D :D
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:57 am

christopher2035 wrote:Happy Friday :)

Didn't do much this week. Added some little details around the layout. ...

Chuck is right, Christopher, your layout is outstanding . I especially applaud how you have the buildings with their backs facing the tracks, thus positioning their fronts so that a community is created with the tracks around them.

And, my goodness! Lorenzo has certainly grown !!! It feels like just a short time ago when you were sharing photos of him as a toddler! Each of your three children has such a naturally happy and healthy look to them. It's a home of blessings everywhere one looks. Bravo, sir!
Murph

christopher2035

Postby christopher2035 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:27 am

Thanks guys. AS much as I would love a big layout, I think of everything else I have going on & this one seems to be a good size, which allows me to finish it & not sink a TON of money into something that takes years to complete.

Lorenzo does look old in these shots. He's lost that 'baby face'. He will be 4 in June! That's crazy :)
Christopher

Check out my rail photography page on Facebook & give a 'like' - www.facebook.com/EasternRailsPhotography/

chuck

Postby chuck » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:19 am

I just went back to the first week of January 2017. You've got a lot accomplished in 3 short months!!!! Very well done and thank you very much for sharing the photo's of the progress.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

christopher2035

Postby christopher2035 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:25 pm

chuck wrote:I just went back to the first week of January 2017. You've got a lot accomplished in 3 short months!!!! Very well done and thank you very much for sharing the photo's of the progress.

I was just thinking that - I think I got the layout up around Thanksgiving :)
Christopher

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”