Looking for Red Caboose reefer instructions

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
G3750

Looking for Red Caboose reefer instructions

Postby G3750 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 am

Hi All!

A friend picked up some Red Caboose O scale 40’ woodside reefer kits (Roma Wine Company). Unfortunately, they didn't come with instructions. He's got a lot of them built, but needs the instructions for some finer points.

Would anyone have a set they could send me or scan and send?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

chuck

Re: Looking for Red Caboose reefer instructions

Postby chuck » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:15 am

Are these the kit's he's building?

http://oscalemag.com/wordpress/1631/

They don't have the instructions per se, but there are a lot of close up photo's of the stock build and then the kitbashing operations.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:38 am

chuck wrote:Are these the kit's he's building?

They don't have the instructions per se, but there are a lot of close up photo's of the stock build and then the kitbashing operations.

I'm not sure, but you are pretty awesome, Chuck! :!: I will pass that on. One thing that confused him was the ladders. 2 black and 2 brown for each reefer. Which pair goes on the sides and which pair goes on the ends? If you get it wrong the car looks goofy. So he may be looking for more specific instructions, but these should help a lot.

Thanks, please keep the info coming!

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

chuck

Postby chuck » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Nor sure about the colors but the "side" ladders are usually taller and go all the way to the roof. The car end ladder usually top out at 3/4 height and are meant to reach the brake wheel or reporting placards on the car ends.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:56 pm

chuck wrote:Nor sure about the colors but the "side" ladders are usually taller and go all the way to the roof. The car end ladder usually top out at 3/4 height and are meant to reach the brake wheel or reporting placards on the car ends.

From what I saw the ladders appeared to be identical and have identical hole mounting patterns (side and end).

George

—Katy Faust

chuck

Postby chuck » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Were the car ends painted a different color than the sides?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:08 pm

G3750 wrote:
chuck wrote:Are these the kit's he's building?

I'm not sure, but you are pretty awesome, Chuck! :!: I will pass that on. One thing that confused him was the ladders. 2 black and 2 brown for each reefer. Which pair goes on the sides and which pair goes on the ends? If you get it wrong the car looks goofy. So he may be looking for more specific instructions, but these should help a lot.

Thanks, please keep the info coming!

George

You might want to download and save // copy and save that posting in the old Blog section of the OST web site asap.

The new web master over there has been on a serious tear re-org'ing, deleting, and archiving stuff into the big trash folder while updating about half of the pages on the site, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”