Congratulations, George, the model looks terrific. I expect one might learn a bit about steel-making studying your work.
Paul R.
What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
healey36 wrote:Congratulations, George, the model looks terrific. I expect one might learn a bit about steel-making studying your work.
Paul R.
Thanks, Paul!
So, I've got that going for me.
George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."
—Katy Faust
—Katy Faust
Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
Updated 6/7/2025:
Since the pipe bridge was installed, I attended the Pennsylvania Railroad Technical & Historical Society's Annual Meeting in Harrisburg last month. I've also been busy weathering slag and hot metal cars.
I'm working on a project to make removable lighted loads for these cars for use during operating sessions.
And I have started construction on the Crawford's Crossing (Main Street / WV Route 2 & 22) overpass.
The piers will be wood, which I will glue together and paint a concrete color.
More when I know it.
George
Since the pipe bridge was installed, I attended the Pennsylvania Railroad Technical & Historical Society's Annual Meeting in Harrisburg last month. I've also been busy weathering slag and hot metal cars.
I'm working on a project to make removable lighted loads for these cars for use during operating sessions.
And I have started construction on the Crawford's Crossing (Main Street / WV Route 2 & 22) overpass.
The piers will be wood, which I will glue together and paint a concrete color.
More when I know it.
George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."
—Katy Faust
—Katy Faust
Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
I'm working on a project to make removable lighted loads for these cars for use during operating sessions.
Evans designs may have something that will work for you. I’ve used their flickering LED’s in barrels to simulate fire. They look pretty good to me.
Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
gregj410 wrote:I'm working on a project to make removable lighted loads for these cars for use during operating sessions.
Evans designs may have something that will work for you. I’ve used their flickering LED’s in barrels to simulate fire. They look pretty good to me.
Thanks Greg, that's who I ordered from. We're still working on the right configuration. I will post that when it's done.
George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."
—Katy Faust
—Katy Faust
Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
Updated 10/3/2026:
It's been awhile since I posted progress on the layout. There's been a lot:
All of this should be visible if I can get this shared iCloud album link to work. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
https://photos.icloud.com/shared/album/076rNmUePDs8uKL7Ak5paULBw
George
It's been awhile since I posted progress on the layout. There's been a lot:
- Completed the highway overpass known as Crawford's Crossing - about 16' long - including lights, railings, piers.
- Built a staircase from the overpass to the mill floor
- Rebuilt the Blooming Mill, adding a more realistic billboard, a soaking pit, weathering, and a spur track
- Converted and detailed a NJ Custom Brass yard structure into a Weirton Steel yard tower.
- Installed a 2' high divider with backdrops - one side is Weirton Junction and the other is the City of Weirton
All of this should be visible if I can get this shared iCloud album link to work. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
https://photos.icloud.com/shared/album/076rNmUePDs8uKL7Ak5paULBw
George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."
—Katy Faust
—Katy Faust
Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
G3750 wrote:Updated 10/3/2026:
All of this should be visible if I can get this shared iCloud album link to work. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
George
Good to see you back, George.
How about I let you know it works?
That yard tower looks great!
........Yard Tower by George, on iCloudAny photos you would like posted on Model Train Journal, or perhaps none (remove the yard tower photo)?
----Wayne----
Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard
Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42171
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
G3750 wrote:All of this should be visible if I can get this shared iCloud album link to work. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
It works just fine!
You've been busy!
We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
Re: What's New on the PRR Panhandle 2.0?
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:G3750 wrote:All of this should be visible if I can get this shared iCloud album link to work. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
It works just fine!
You've been busy!
Good to hear from you, Rufus!
Yes, I have been busy. We are moving along. I have been working on the major items on the tracked parts of the layout. I am looking at the western half (Steubenville) with the idea of getting cookie-cutter track supports built and track laid in the next 6-9 months. Still lots of structures and scenery work left on the Weirton peninsula. And the city of Steubenville is completely non-existent. But yes, significant progress has taken place.
George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."
—Katy Faust
—Katy Faust
Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests