All Nation Atlantic, well steamers in general I guess

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Dennis Holler

All Nation Atlantic, well steamers in general I guess

Postby Dennis Holler » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:48 pm

Here we go, as Bob linked in the ogr thread.
Looks like I am missing a lower motor mount bracket? at least based on some photos I have seen. If I was sure where the lower one mounted to I suppose I could bend one up.
The other thing I notice is that the axle bearings seem to be a little oversized on the OD as the bottom retainer pinches them when tightened so I guess I will have to resolve that and make the missing forth bearing.

So far I found a few parts, I'm pretty sure I have a few more but I know I don't have the side rods and valve gear so maybe if I make it to the Chicago show next month.
I was almost thinking I'd like to put some 80" drivers on it but doubt they would fit on that wheelbase lol.
Lately I've been buying em so fast I haven't had the focus to stay on any one thing which I know is a personal problem but it is what it is. At least they are out of the dump and if I live to retirement I'll have something to do!
Doorstop Rookie

Dennis Holler

Re: All Nation Atlantic, well steamers in general I guess

Postby Dennis Holler » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:49 pm

Somewhere I have a boiler and another tender for a ten wheeler I think, will have to dig it out tonight.
Doorstop Rookie

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:09 pm

This started out as an All Nation Atlantic:

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:10 pm

This one also is an All Nation Atlantic, but you can see it has suffered some changes here and there:

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”