HW Truck Kit

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Re: HW Truck Kit

Postby bob turner » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:23 pm

Here is the USH version of the Auel Pullman truck. The first shot is, left to right, Lobaugh, USH, and I think CLW plaster cast.

Have to admit - these are pretty good models, considering. I have PSC in the collection - several variants. They come close to the USH.
Cannot wait for a shot of the MTH.

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:01 am

This is one of the Chooch 6 wheel Pullman trucks being assembled. It's the wood beam version. The steel version looks more like the others we've been looking at. I believe the detail is superior to most.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... T7zbYw.JPG

Jay

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:32 am

Here you go, Jay:

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:32 pm

Elegant.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:09 am

Greg just sent several shots of the MTH truck. Greg has said I can publish any of his photos, so I grabbed this one, enhanced it a bit, and herewith:

Greg is building the definitive NYC dining car. He does exquisite work, both on models and on scenery/structures. I have shared his Thurmond WV model before.

I could never do what he does, but I admire it. I think he has more hours in his day than I have in mine. On the other hand, I am always at the airport, and although Greg was a professional pilot, I think he has had his fill of all that.

The car is one of those urethane American Standard kits. In the right hands, these become museum quality models. I envy folks who do plastics/urethanes. The selection and price are astonishing.

Greg wants to build a truck kit, so Butch is sending him one. From the looks of it, the kit will go on the shelf, and the MTH will be perfect for the definitive diner.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:11 am

Thanks for posting Bob. Yeah, Greg has become an Ace at super-detailing. He's been working at it for as long as I've known him and I see improvement with every year that passes. To be honest, I only know Gary (Schrader) and Greg's work up close and personal and know there are a lot of talented modelers out there. I'm not sure I possess the patience to do it to this level either.

Greg has way more time in this car and other detailing projects than he would like, but as his abilities improve, his age is slowing him down.

steamaheadstephen59

Postby steamaheadstephen59 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:19 pm

It would appear that Atlas now has the tooling for the MTH heavy weight and light weight trucks. Gregs work looks fantastic

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:40 pm

Surprised there is not more interest in good Pullman trucks. I have always been fascinated with them.

Also fascinated with Commonwealth tender trucks. So there is this guy on OGR who has crumbling tender trucks under his Lionel PS-4 Pacifics. I am banned, but they still let me look. As I recall, Lou Houlemarde has the masters for brass PS-4 trucks. As far as I am concerned, they are the best six wheel Commonwealth trucks in O Scale. I suspect the crumbling Lionel trucks are close, but admit I have only seen the ones under the UP #9000 tank.

So do him a favor, and steer him to CLW, or PSC, and save him some grief. His handle is something like NVRNHGREY.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”