How to post photos

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

How to post photos

Postby bob turner » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:32 pm

Let me see if this works
https://www.dropbox.com/s/skf7o7q7oemy7 ... .JPG?raw=1
Nope. Stand by. Takes a bigger computer.
Last edited by bob turner on Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R.K. Maroon

Re: Atlantic 2023

Postby R.K. Maroon » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:57 pm

When I click on the link I get this photo:

To get it to show here, I posted the link address between double bracket pairs: []link address[], with "img" in the first bracket pair and "/img" in the second pair.
Slow progress is better than no progress

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:52 pm

Good idea - I just came to the big computer to do something like that - the iPad does not have right-click.
The point is supposed to be - Maroon inspired me with this thing, so I did an All Nation Atlantic, sort of copying his. Then I lit into another A-6, this one to be #3001 in Daylight colors. I just happen to have Lobaugh 84" drivers left over, and tonight I got the new Atlantic standing on all fours with the cab and cylinder block bolted where they should be. I plan to show photos soon, as I progress. I shall need a 100C tender, which is one of the few SP tenders I have yet to create. More later.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:00 am

Bob
On your iPad, hold down on the link with your finger and touch copy

Bring up the image brackets

Hold your finger down between them. That’s the tricky part sometimes

Touch paste

It should come up or at least it does on my iPhone which functions much like an iPad. Touch preview and it should be there

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:17 pm

Oh, yeah! That technology is SO much easier than right click/copy on my XP machines.
I need to enter the 21st century...maybe...possibly......nah.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:33 pm

Okay. All I wanted to do was start out with Maroon's photo. Obviously this is no longer about SP Atlantics, although the suggestions above are very worthwhile.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:10 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:Oh, yeah! That technology is SO much easier than right click/copy on my XP machines.
I need to enter the 21st century...maybe...possibly......nah.

True. But try that on your XP sitting at a traffic light, or in your vehicle, walking down the street, etc. you get the idea.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:49 pm

But try that on your XP sitting at a traffic light, or in your vehicle, walking down the street, etc. you get the idea.

Do any of those and you'll probably get run over...
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:55 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
But try that on your XP sitting at a traffic light, or in your vehicle, walking down the street, etc. you get the idea.

So many are doing that daily, I want to run them over. Traffic is bad enough as it is. Now we have A**holes playing games on their phones, taking selfies post about the burrito they had for breakfast or video chatting.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:11 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

So many are doing that daily, I want to run them over. Traffic is bad enough as it is. Now we have A**holes playing games on their phones, taking selfies post about the burrito they had for breakfast or video chatting.

Is this my fathers forum? :lol: Get off of my lawn! This forum is the extent of my social media. I don’t take selfies and I don’t take pictures of my food or play games, while driving. At the traffic light, that’s a different story, but I still pay attention. Although I would agree that I’m rather annoyed by the people that don’t pay attention to the lights and hold up traffic while they’re looking at their phones. You don’t have to do it or like it or even embrace it, but it’s here to stay.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:21 pm

gregj410 wrote: Although I would agree that I’m rather annoyed by the people that don’t pay attention to the lights and hold up traffic while they’re looking at their phones. You don’t have to do it or like it or even embrace it, but it’s here to stay.

Yes, but here to stay but over in MD the police do hand out tickets - they park and spot everyone lined up at red lights with binoculars. Funny watching the folks that look up and realize they're toast.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Re: How to post photos

Postby gregj410 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:54 am

Yes, but here to stay but over in MD the police do hand out tickets - they park and spot everyone lined up at red lights with binoculars. Funny watching the folks that look up and realize they're toast.

Never witnessed such events on any of my routes. Not to say it doesn’t exist however that’s going to be hard to enforce. I’ve heard laws that prohibit texting while driving but sitting a a traffic light? I see people doing all sorts of things at a red light. Whatever, it’s nothing more than state revenue.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”