Holy Crxp, we're back!

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
ScaleCraft

Re: Holy Crxp, we're back!

Postby ScaleCraft » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:21 pm

I dunno. Lee spelled it out.

The issue is somebody who wants to be important. Breaking News! You heard it here first!
But you don't have all the facts.
And that sets off the Communists on NK.
Was that on purpose?
Maybe.

Was it necessary?

Not at all.

But now we know exactly how controlling and obnoxious those two honchos at NK really are.

I thought Bill started this site and forums to get AWAY from those clowns?

Maybe I heard that wrong.

I do believe they are most upset because they do not control all the commentary on the hobby.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:44 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:But now we know exactly how controlling and obnoxious those two honchos at NK really are.

Many here have known what they were and still are for a long time....this is just another reinforcement/reminder.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:26 pm

[quote="ScaleCraft"]I dunno. Lee spelled it out.

The issue is somebody who wants to be important. Breaking News! You heard it here first!
But you don't have all the facts.
And that sets off the Communists on NK.
Was that on purpose?
Maybe.

Was it necessary?

Not at all.

But now we know exactly how controlling and obnoxious those two honchos at NK really are.

I thought Bill started this site and forums to get AWAY from those clowns?

Maybe I heard that wrong.

I do believe they are most upset because they do not control all the commentary on the hobby.[/quotDave --
================================================================================================

Hello Dave / Scale Craft

I really don't know you and you really don't know me (except from the subway side, possibly). I have nothing at all against you, and never did - and I NEVER got involved at MTJ nor OGR in any of the flamewars and mudslinging between OGR and MTJ forums member-participants thru the past 2 decades !!

My posting at OGR was THE ONLY public forum / place I posted that message on, because when I saw - as being re-directed to when clicking on the MTJ site link, the Go Daddy Site, where is was shown that the MTJ Site was " DOMAIN EXPIRED - DOMAIN PARKED - DOMAIN FOR SALE "-- that is a pretty stern, final "end of line" appearing descriptive to me. And it was a total shock to me.

What I posted at OGR was NOT to stir up anyone there at all - nor it to be the cause of any posted unkind comments directed to MTJ. Heh, perhaps I should have know better on that point ! But, I KNOW that like me, a number of MTJ members are also members at OGR. It was my ONLY way to hope to remotely get any medium of contact with them (MTJ members there) and let those then-unaware, know the immediate MTJ status quo with the Go Daddy Link. I assumed one of them might have had a more personal contact with Bill's (as I said "Nephew" in error for lack of a correct "ID tag") Son In Law LEE, to get to the bottom of what happened. That is basically it. And it had nothing to do with being the "first" or fastest" to announce it.

But regardless, Lee was quickly alerted to the problem thru what / whichever contact source -- and worked quickly to fix the problem to get MTJ up and running. That was the good end result..and all that mattered really ! .

regards - Joe F
Last edited by Joseph Frank1 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:32 pm

bob turner wrote:That is sad - Rich Melvin says "Good Riddance." While I think Arnold may be not worth dealing with, Rich and I have several things in common - love of steam locomotives, qualifications in turbine aircraft, and I bet a few other similarities in outlook. I am disappointed that he would wish us ill.

Gunrunner John was run out of here? Are we sure he didn't run head-long into the extremists in the club lounge? We may mess with each other a bit here on the 2-rail side, but aside from a minor dust up with Sarge, which I never understood, we seem to get along? If a pinko liberal like me feels comfortable here, how sensitive must you be to think this is a closed clique?

Wow Bob! I’d think you’d have more respect for your peers over here than to kick the beehive. Extremists in the club car lounge? Let me guess, where you allegedly experienced hate? Out of respect for the guys over here I’m going to try my best to not start a shit storm. Most of what goes on here is above my skill set and knowledge, however I do still read here. Apparently you must be pretty sensitive to hide under the guise of the two rail forum to get in your little political digs.
I am always over at the club car lounge with the rest of the flat earth, right wing extremist, QAnon nut jobs if you want to continue the conversation.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:23 pm

Nope. I won't go there - way too extreme for me. I do have very conservative friends, a couple of whom are pretty far gone, siding with Putin on the Ukraine invasion among other things - but they are nice folks, not nasty. I hang out with nice folks, like here.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:28 pm

bob turner wrote:That is sad
Gunrunner John was run out of here? Are we sure he didn't run head-long into the extremists in the club lounge?

No, Bob. He ran into the anti-MTHers on the 3 rail forum. You know. Dr. Neil, J-Long, and a few others who hate Mike Wolfe because of his ego, and for his control system that they could not understand, didn't use, but could criticize like a Wikipedia expert. They could turn a simple DCS thread into something worse than the Holocaust!
We political extremists try to keep those conversations in the Club Car. :wink:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:51 pm

Well, I missed it. He seems like a knowledgable guy - maybe the 2-rail folks would welcome him? I sure would - his technical treatises are always interesting.
True believers - whether it be religious, political, MTH, or Proto-48 are ok with me as long as they go easy on the conversion attempts. Everybody has a right to opinions - nobody should be coercing others to beieve. Opinion.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:26 am

Did GRJ come up with his own electronics to repair MTH’s failures?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:59 am

I think if GRJ would show up here on the 2 rail forum and was found out, he'd most likely get a couple of nasty e-mails or personal messages to cease and desist. :lol:

Bob, I believe GRJ is a factory trained MTH tech, also a Lionel tech, plus he's just plain smart electronically.

If you have electrical or electronics questions, here we have Dave (Scalecraft). He was a Navy electronics technician on nuke subs. If he doesn't know a particular system, he could most likely figure it out and fix it.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:36 pm

I enjoyed his treatises on gears - seems strange that the tinplate folks are having gear problems after 3/4 of a century of bulletproof gear trains.
Two railers were not nearly so lucky. About a third of the Lobaugh gears out here are chewed up, due to faulty engagement.

As to electrical - I still have hope that we will see an inexpensive R/C setup for trains. Radio Shack did it for model cars a quarter century ago - $35, including the transmitter and car. Batteries extra, but Radio Shack gave them away.

Yeah - Dave is a nice guy. My NP Challenger has decals from him - complimentary!

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”