This looks like a fun kit to build......

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
herronpeter

This looks like a fun kit to build......

Postby herronpeter » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:09 pm

Anyone ever tackled one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124637424296

Peter

De Bruin

Re: This looks like a fun kit to build......

Postby De Bruin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:08 pm

I've never done one of their dome cars, I have a junker and an un-built kit too, the used ones I find all have had damaged domes as the printed
acetate gets brittle with age, which was accelerated if the original builder used incandescents for the interior lights.
If/when I get around to one of these I will try and fabricate the dome ribbing and roof from brass and then fit the windows one by one. At least that's the plan.
I understand Kasiner based this on one of the car plans for the PS "Train of Tomorrow" domes that wound up on the UP on that daytime rotation between Seattle and Portland. Pretty snazzy.
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

bob turner

Re: This looks like a fun kit to build......

Postby bob turner » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:14 pm

I love Kasiners, but some aspects were less than pleasing. I junk the masonite and the truck sideframes, and make my own rather thick end plates. I often machine the door recesses, and on the long ones, chop off the part where Kasiner notched for the flimsoid door. Negative on that dome car.

My domes are Mac Shops, with the correct extrusion and Kemtron domes. I need to ship my "Ruth Glacier to pete for glazing - I hate windows. I just curl a piece of acetate inside and call it a day.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”