Pomona Valley EMC diesel pulling fluted passenger cars

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Carey Williams

Pomona Valley EMC diesel pulling fluted passenger cars

Postby Carey Williams » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:59 am

Hello all,

You may enjoy seeing a Pomona Valley E6 pulling some passenger cars ..still need love ..but fun to get the mummies to dance .
Please,see link for photos and video link
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/pom ... ars-1940-1

Cheers Carey,

bob turner

Re: Pomona Valley EMC diesel pulling fluted passenger cars

Postby bob turner » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:02 pm

A lot of nickel plate back in the olden days. I am torn between getting one of those "brush-plating" outfits and maybe just learning how to spray that French silver stuff.

A half century ago you took your locomotive to the corner bumper replater, and they dumped it in the nickel bath, motor and all. Everything still worked, after you blow-dried it.

De Bruin

Re: Pomona Valley EMC diesel pulling fluted passenger cars

Postby De Bruin » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:51 am

Those old rolled sheet steel cars can be cleaned up nicely but take some work. On "stainless steel" panelled LW's like these I use multiple metallic paint shades, one for the fluting, the other for the sheet surfaces. Glazing windows and decaling etc. help the appearance too as I'm sure the original builder would agree. Nice train Carey.
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”